Rattling noise after oven heats up

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
Hi all, urgent help needed please. Going back to the job first thing tommorrow. Customer called me back a week after cleaning his Siemens oven saying that once the oven has been running a while, it sounds like there is spoon rattling around inside.

From hazy memory, think the fan was the type that has an extra washer/bolt type piece that goes on before the fan, and then the nut on top. Fan was running fine when I left, but perhaps I reassembled it wrong or something?

Otherwise, any advice appreciated on what could be the cause of the noise once the oven has been running a while.

Thanks!
Christina

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
Yes, I did take the back plate off. This guy is one of my regulars, but the state he gets his oven into in just six months makes me wonder what on earth he cooks in there! It could have been grease sticking everything together before. My other thought is could be co-incidence that the cooling fan motor has gone?

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
Rattling fixed. The fan was slightly unusual because it has washers that go in front and behind the fan on the spindle before the nut goes on (see pic). Stupid fool I am, I put them both on the back by mistake, so the fan was too far forwards and catching on the back plate once everything expanded a bit! :headbang:

fan washers.jpg

So if you're new to oven cleaning, and you get a fan like this, the moral of the story is one behind, one in front!

Christina

Reactions: 2 users