Replacement seals

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
Hey guys,
Hope you are all well and business is not hit too hard by the Coronavirus outbreak. Please can anyone recommend a good universal door seal? I would like to have some replacements in stock to offer customers when I arrive and find the seal is broken. I've seen the packs that you cut to size and push onto the metal corner pieces, but the reviews are bad. How much does the size of single oven seals actually vary? Can't be that much, and they do stretch... Would carrying a few standard sizes work OK, and what do you recommend? Thanks!

Neil Wilde

Cleantalk Member
Universal door seals rarely fit correctly. Don't bother. If you choose to get a seal for a customer then order one using the ovens serial number.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Christina as Neil said its pointless. Most of the modern cookers are curved seals so the universal ones will be useless.

I don't get involved with seals just tell the customer to order one online using the correct serial number. If they have it when you arrive you can then just fit it for them

No point ordering it yourself and going back it's too time consuming.

Steve

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
I agree with all above . If they left it so long the seal to go the oven must of seen better days . U clean what they got . I put a seal on the over day. And I also put on new numbers on once for my fav customers