New Resolvit Gel 1L

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Hi Steve,

Strangely enough one thing that I have not yet tried it on is gum - I have not encountered any since getting my Resolve-it. However when I have used it on tar, oxidised oil, Blu-Tac, waxes and the like I have have been more than satisfied with the results. If only I had had it years ago when more of my work was at the lower end of the nicety level!

A

adrian marsh

Only just noticed your post JB. 3.45am? Couldn't sleep or kicked out of bed and sent to the naughty step?:thinking:

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Just got home mate!

There may be snow upon the roof but.................... :wink:

By the way, one thing to remember with Resolve-It is to always Shake the bottle well before every use. this transforms the liquid to its gel state but also failing to shake may result in some parts of the formulation to be used, leaving the remainder un-balanced.

Chris Jenner

Cleantalk Member
I'll second JB's comment above, I got caught out the first time I used it, but if you look carefully when inverted, you can see the liquid part and a large gel type 'blob' and it's quite obvious when it's mixed again.

A

adrian marsh

I've been asked by a regular client if I can "spot" clean her 100% wool, hand tufted, Chinese rug that's covered in candle wax. Normally i would decline this as it's not cost effective but she has been a good client over the last few years and I want to help if I can. Has anyone used Resolvit on a wool rug and if so was it successful?

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Hi Adi,

Yes, used with good results. To speed up removal, after breaking up and vac'ing out the large blobs I pre-warmed the wax before application of the gel. After a few minutes most of the broken-down wax can be gently scraped from the fibres, making for an easier rinse.

A

adrian marsh

Not used my new bottle of RiG yet but, the bottle has a large mass of "gluep" in the middle surrounded by liquid. No amount of shaking the bottle can get thses two to mix. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong?

Chris Jenner

Cleantalk Member
Adi,

It takes a while to get them to mix again, but it's worth it. I found shaking not very effective, but turning upside down, up down up down with a bit of a shake now and again to work quite well.

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
As Lord Jenner says
Shake it baby shake it!!!!
Shake it like you mean it, like a cocktail shaker as opposed to a carton of OJ
It's like Gorilla snot floating in mucus & needs a good shaking!!

Sure someone'l be along in a minute asking for a missing scoop? :toofunny:

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
I hope that you're not referring to the present Mrs Jenner are you? :lol:

The Tebbit's are lovely. They used to live almost next door to my outlaws in Plummers Plain until a few years ago.
Always saw him out walking his dog & we'd often stop for a chat.

Chris Jenner

Cleantalk Member
We could do with a few more Normans, maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. My in-laws knew him too, from when father in law was a flight engineer with BOAC/BA and Norman was a big cheese in Balpa. My first born has the middle name of Margaret after the Great Leader. What better start in life could one want eh? Mrs J II was a Guardian reading, weed eating pinko and wouldn't countenance Margaret as a first name, no matter how much I pleaded. I even offered to do the washing up from time to time too!