Rug Advice

Paul Dennis

Cleantalk Member
I have been asked if this can be cleaned , more for dog smell than muck , it's like a shaggy fiber rug , the photo of it didn't turn out but got the labels but only one will upload

Attachments

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Paul,

Subject to testing there should be no issues with the clean. Though a synthetic fibre, I find that the best results on polyester rugs are obtained by treating as wool. M-Power is the best product and follow your training regarding shag piles.

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
To add to JB's response, these microfibres can cause a Vacuum cleaner or an extraction machine wand to lock down on the carpet, producing almost zero airflow. It is essential to take steps to by-pass this.

Safe and happy cleaning:smile:

Ken

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
A Brushing vacuum cleaner can cause too much shedding but you can use a non-powered attachment and of course back-dust or indeed hang it over a line and use a carpet beater (I still have a couple of wicker carpet beaters that still get used on occasion).

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_thumb_c_c3_Carpet_beater.jpg_220px_Carpet_beater.jpg

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
We are talking Back vaccing here Paul as in turn the rug upside down and vacuum the back ( very very thoroughly, prior to any chemical treatment.

Regards

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Paul Dennis

Cleantalk Member
Hi Nick yes thanks , was going to do it , customer says they Dyson it most days even though it says don't , its the dog smell on it that bothers them more so good old M power will sort that , well normally does cheers chaps