Rug Plant Set Up

Tommy Caddick

Cleantalk Member
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone had a plant facility they could share some pics of? I have the opportunity to get a unit for rug cleaning and just wondered how others have set up to maximise space (pit, dry rack, beating area)
Even better if I could maybe pop out and come see? I'm Buckinghamshire if anyone is around these neck of the woods.

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
Hi Tommy

Obviously, I'm not privy to your experience and business plan, but reading your profile, you don't appear to have any formal training experience in carpets, upholstery or, more important for this thread, rug cleaning.

Rug cleaning is not the same as carpet cleaning. It is a whole new ball game and fraught with many, many different issues when compared with carpet cleaning. Also, carpet is a depreciating asset and is something that covers the floor. Rugs are generally regarded as being appreciating assets (whether right or wrong) and as a family heirloom, so the emotional attachment of the owner is different to that for a broadloom carpet.

Without an appreciation and understanding of what's involved in rug cleaning, I would strongly recommend training in this speciality discipline before committing to further investment.

If you are thinking of cleaning every day "rugs" such as those from Carpetright, B&Q, Next etc. etc. then you don't really need a rug plant.

If my presumptions are incorrect, please forgive me, I am only basing my thoughts on information you have provided.

Safe and happy cleaning:smile:
Ken

Tommy Caddick

Cleantalk Member
No that's quite alright Ken, training will be on the agenda as I did my rug training probably 10 years ago with the NCCA (Paul Pearce) as was all my carpet, upholstery and stain removal training. The knowledge is there but I am dusting off the cobwebs so to speak.