Sanitary Waste Disposal

Daniel Jones

New Cleantalker
We have a couple of local companies around us that offer Sanitary Waste Collection & Disposal as part of their Commercial Cleaning Contracts - we looked into it a couple of years ago but I still cant seem to get my ahead around the disposal aspect so thought someone may be able to help.

I understand the bigger companies (PHS) have their own treatment & disposal sites but is there a route for the smaller firms who are looking to supply & maintain the Sanitary Bins & register to transfer the waste to a disposal site but not actually treat or dispose the waste?

How is the waste supposed to be treated & where do companies dispose of this waste?
I know theres a few companies that act as the middle man between the waste provider & disposer which is what I am proposing, but just cannot find any information on where or how it is disposed.

If anyone can offer any tips for how these small Hygiene Service providers operate - that would be useful.

Many Thanks

James Smith

Cleantalk Member
If you use the sanitary bins that have a disposable bag inside , these are then removed and placed into the appropriate coloured bag ( yellow / orange ) these are then bag tied off and taken to your local authority for incineration

Garry Neilson

Cleantalk Member
It is biological waste therefore needs special disposal and that usually requires a license as does any commercial tipping, the difference being most councils do not offer that service at for example local tip centres and every area will have private companies for disposal.