scorpion

Goron Knight

Cleantalk Member
Did a local brewers fair last night and as it is right next to the premier travel inn thought it would be quite inappropriate to have the TM rumbling away outside through the night. So Nick VW lent me a scorpion for the job.

It was a big pub and hadn't been cleaned in 8 years. Took 6 hours and the scorpion made easy work of it. Running nearly non stop for the whole time it certainly put it through its paces. I was very impressed with it and its drying times ( they were excellent at around 30 mins). and loved the fact that i didn't have to go out side all the time to stop and start the TM and could leave the machine running without having to worry about the water temp going too high and then dumping to the waste tank.

Spencer Davies

Cleantalk Member
My drying times have been under one hour on all
of my jobs so far, as I posted before, I can't
find a reason to need a truckmount.

Chris Rushton

Cleantalk Member
Hi Goron, was this the picture that you wanted to upload ? :lol:

I am getting quite good at it now

ps, So will you be selling your T/M now then ? :wink:

Goron Knight

Cleantalk Member
Thanks Chris

don't think i will seel the truckmount but am getting steadily busier and busier and would like to start up another van with a porty on and this is definately top of the list. Just wouldn't have been able to do the job with the truckmount and am getting more jobs like it!

Cheers Goron

Mark Roberts

Solution World of Clean
Must admit dry times are up for me. Did my own 100% wool lopped pile carpet and was bone dry in under 3 hrs.

Of course dry to touch and dry through are different things!

Mick Halliday

Cleantalk Member
why does everyone quote this magical dry in 30 mins, when talking about how their machine is as good as a T/M does'nt any one have thier carpets dry in 45mins or perhaps 55mins.

its always 30mins :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mike

ps why is it every time the Scorpion is mentioned it reads like an advert :rolleyes: , I'm glad you did'nt have to keep running outside to turn of a T/M , but you did have keep stopping to fill your buckets and empty the Scorpion.

Goron Knight

Cleantalk Member
Mike not meant to be an advert. I was impressed by the machine that is all and agree emptying and filling is a pain and perhaps would benefit from autofill auto dump kit.

Goron

Chris Straker

Cleantalk Member
Mike,
You know yourself, that any endorsement of a product is in effect an advert.
Mentioning the effectiveness of a machine or chemical is normally an opinion formed from the experience of using that product.
An advert is when someone enthuses or endorses a product for payment, wether they have physically used it or not.

I speak highly of the products i use but do not get them for free nor do i get paid to use them.

Phil Marlor

Cleantalk Member
Its obvious this is an advert for the Scorpion. Its been posted on every forum, and why the need to show us a photo of it and is it not a coincidence that Nick Loaned you the machine and suddenly the machine appears all over the place.

If I have got this wrong I appologise, but that's what it looks like from here.

Why did it need to be placed on the Truckmounters site, there isn't anyone interested in a portable machine on that board.

Phil

[ 05. March 2006, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Phil @ Deep Clean ]

Goron Knight

Cleantalk Member
Phil you are wrong and apology accepted and yes i am a truckmounter and yes i am interested in a portable especially one would be required to caary out the job that i did which was right next door to the hotel and would have been impractical to have the tm fired up there through the night

Was just impressed by the machine

Goron

Chris Straker

Cleantalk Member
Phil,
Sceptical as you are, the coincidence of Nick loaning Goron a machine must be down to the fact that they are both in Cornwall and Goron wished to offer his client the same level of performance he could have offered by using his TM.
I could have offered him mine but for the 300 mile drive and the fact that my porty does not have that sort of power.

Believe me when i say that if i were closer to Nick, then i would borrow that machine for the odd job.
Like Goron, i work in some areas where TMs would not be made welcome and i would love to be able to advertise that power along with that convenience ..............OOOOPS that sounded like an advert :rolleyes:

Phil Marlor

Cleantalk Member
Ok, so if I am wrong I appologise, I have no evidence whether the fact Nick loaning the machine had any effects on suddenly the Scorpion being plastered on all the boards. Its a comment I perhaps should not have made.

However some of the postings on the other forums with the catalogue pictures of the machine and Solution name and Telephone no. are to me blatant(spell) advertising.

Rgds
Phil

Chris Straker

Cleantalk Member
Agree with photo not needing number attached

If somone wants one then they know where to go by now.

General praise and back up pictures are relevant in this case, in my opinion.

Mark Roberts

Solution World of Clean
Just between me and you Nick lent me that machine as well. In fact i had it for a month, lucky i live quite near to him.
I agree its hard to go on about it without it sounding like an advert.
All opinions are welcome, its up to you guys too decide whether they are unbiased or not, so i will just say get a demo and make your own mind up to anyone interested, I did so i bought one.

Spencer Davies

Cleantalk Member
I would soon say if the machine was not performing as I would like, I think that
the feedback given is a little hard to accept
for some people.

I have done countless jobs with it now, and have
no regrets with my purchase.

Phil Marlor

Cleantalk Member
Originally posted by Spencer Davies:
I would soon say if the machine was not performing as I would like, I think that
the feedback given is a little hard to accept
for some people.

I have done countless jobs with it now, and have
no regrets with my purchase.
What are you on about, I dont doubt for one minute the machine is a good one. Not one person has mentioned that the machine isn't up to it.

Talk about putting words into peoples mouth's.

Rgds
Phil