Scourer Types

Jason Ross

Cleantalk Member
My trainer gave me a pack of stainless steel scourers in a starter kit. It is time to order new ones. I am planning to get the same, but I wondering about uses for different types of scourers.

Someone mentioned copper ones, when would these be better, and I also have some steel ones that I already had which are pretty heavy duty feeling in comparison to the stainless ones and wonder does plain steel cause problems that stainless would not?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 5124

Same as Mo i buy from Lidl, but i use one wet all day then throw out and the dry one lasts 2-3 days,

D

Deleted Member 102010

I get 2 ovens from each wet scourer. A dry one for polishing lasts 4 or 5

Gareth Hill

Cleantalk Member
Looking at buying some stainless steel scourers for the 1st time as the ones that I got with all my second hand equipment need replacing. I Have a few questions 😂

Above post mention wet use and dry use for polishing? So far I've only used mine for wet scrubbing, what's dry polishing?

Are all stainless steel scourers same or are some better than others?

Any help as always is much appreciated.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Wow how do you use one a day? I buy a pack of 4 from wilko. I put 2 together which is the right size for my hands and they last weeks. When it gets smaller I just add another one too it.

Just don't get how you need a new one every day. You guys must be doing something seriously wrong?

Must cost you a fortune.

Gareth Hill

Cleantalk Member
When I bought all my kit from ebay, the guy had 4 stainless steel scourers. I made 2 out of the 4, using one inside and one for outside at the tank.

I just thought it may be worth replacing as I've been using them for 3 weeks now.

Still a bit confused about this dry scrubbing/polishing though? I soak mine in hot water and use with degreaser and paste.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Gareth

Just keep a dry piece for getting little bits off when finishing off and wiping out.

Saves using degrease again if uts just a small bit left works a treat.

Steve

Ps just ordered some pumice sticks the other day. Wow how awsome are they on grill pans and grooves that are hard to get into.

Gareth Hill

Cleantalk Member
Gareth

Just keep a dry piece for getting little bits off when finishing off and wiping out.

Saves using degrease again if uts just a small bit left works a treat.

Steve

Ps just ordered some pumice sticks the other day. Wow how awsome are they on grill pans and grooves that are hard to get into.
Cheers Steve will keep a dry piece and try that on my next clean.

I haven't given the pumice stick a proper try yet, did briefly yesterday as I had an oven with the grooved shelf supports, but think I may have cut down to thin as it kept snapping 😂.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Gareth

I found it really good on back and sides of grill pans I ckean outside.

Yeah I just shaped the end and it was better than steel wool in grooves

Steve