Sheep Skin Rug

Josh Dean

Cleantalk Member
Hi, first sheep skin rug tomorrow. Any advice as to how to clean? I was thinking thorough vacuum (using pet tool on shark vac) teazel brush in between to loosen dog hairs, m power, hand mitt agitation, 10 min usual dwell, extract with 4'' hand tool, towel/fan dry. Ive turned down sheep skin previously but as its only the top layer and they are really wanting it cleaned I've gone ahead with this booking. Just want to be sure im on the right tracks. Thanks.

Attachments

Steve Porter

Veteran Cleantalker
Sounds like a good approach Josh

I'd still test the fibre as last time I checked sheep "skin" was NOT something you'd put on the face of a rug, "wool" I would have been fine with but the fact that they've not mentioned this sounds like a good marketing con?!

Reactions: 1 user

John Bolton

Cleantalk Team
Josh,

I have cleaned many sheepskin rugs in similar manner.

There is a particular technique for use of the hand tool but needs demonstration rather than description.

• Agreed
Reactions: 1 users

Robert D Turnbull

New Cleantalker
The shop that the rug is sold in, is a expensive shop, it wont be a cheap rug, Maybe £500 to £850. Your plan look good to me,

Robert

Steve Porter

Veteran Cleantalker
Robert
Probably the same old tat you'd find coming over in containers from China, they just add the label later on & why not...sell the same product to the highest bidder whilst the clever shopper will see the same thing half price on Amazon with a Dunelm or Poundland label on it !!:thinking:

• Agreed
Reactions: 1 user