She's Used Diy Machine And Almost Destroyed The Carpet, Now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Daniels

Cleantalk Member
wants me to go and clean it before she moves out!

I did do one small job for this lady a few months ago. Just got this message stating in her words "destroyed it, too much water, and brown stuff up from the underlay". (Sounds like one of Ken's jobs I thought :lol: ). I did put in my diary after the previous job that the carpet was 2 floors up and such hard work that all being considered I dont want to do it, and she could say that it was me that trashed the carpet!
So on that basis, I dont think i want to get involved.
What would you do, do you think?
Fanks bruv's, and bruv'eses
Benny
xx

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
Err
You have proof she did it..

Up to you if you want to "wade" in on the job
Paid up front.... and away you go

J

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
Hi Ben
If I put a black "do not work for" mark against a customers name then I don't want work from them period.
If you don't want to do it then ensure that your timeframe of fitting her it is passed her check-out date or simply say that this is not something that you want or need to get involved in & wish her good luck

Andrew Evans

Cleantalker Veteran
It's a SEP at the moment don't make it a MFP Or YFP.
You can't reason with the unreasonable.
Sounds like a quick swerve is In order, as you know she is going to blame you in the end.

K.O. (Shorty) Glanville

Cleantalk Member
I thoroughly agree with John Bolton.

The "Lady" say's that the other company fixed it in minutes.

Probably made the visual appearance look better which generally is not hard to do.

But, as John alluded to, the problems down the track are what can come back & bite you on your :censored:

When the mould odour appears & any kids, elderly persons, asthmatics or those that have certain allergies start to get sick, the carpet cleaner will be the one held responsible.

Carpet cleaning, stain removal & water damage restoration are three entirely different fields, all of which, I believe that we all can learn from, and some that we really need to know about.

If one knows nothing about WDR, don't try to be a hero.

Don't feel bad about losing this type of custard, it's a blessing in disguise.

:2beer: :wheelchair: :goodday:

Ben Daniels

Cleantalk Member
Yeah, not worrid about losing her. It's just the story was quite interesting for others to hear about.
The room was 2 floors up, so I cant imagine what he did to rectify the problem in minutes!?

Alby Gill

Cleantalk Member
Although I agree with the above, I would of gone and had a look and took pictures if it was so bad. She says she's destroyed it, Maybe in her eyes she has, but to our professional eye she has probably over wet it slightly, browning is probably some wick back, bet she didn't pre vac.
Customers are prone to exaggerate and telling porkies..
Chances are, she has not had it rectified in a few minutes as she says,she probably said that to save face.

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Ben, you said;
"No worries (another company) came round sprayed the problem area and fixed in minutes".
~ ~ ~
Yeah right! I've heard that one before! I just love it when a month later, or just days later even, an agent calls me to come and look at a carpet and it turns out to be the same job that I priced double for to allow us to really spread our wings and go for it and thereby the tenant turned us down and the same scenario played out as with you.

Namely; They got somebody cheap in, the job was no good and it came back to us and we made even more money in the end. :evilgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.