Slotted Glides Now in Stock

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
Solution : Glides
DSC00150.jpg

Solution Glides are an engineering breakthrough in improving both wand function and Glide design, because they are the first and only glides that have been demonstrated to reduce the effort of pushing a wand on the carpet by up to 80% or more, depending on carpet type and equipment being used. This means that it can take up to 5 times the energy to move a wand that does not have a Solution glide on it, than one that does. This is especially true when using TMs that have large, high lift blowers in them like the Vortex units. The Solution glides are constructed of a special Teflon material that has greater abrasion resistance to it, than virgin Teflon, but shares its extreme low friction co-efficient, so that the glides will glide over the carpet as easily as a hot knife through butter. They will allow you to do a full days work without feeling tired any more. It means that you can improve your productivity and get 20 to 30% more done every day while feeling less tired. Here is what that can mean to you:

Most cleaners average about 1000 sq ft of carpet a day and work about 250 days per year. That is about 250,000 sq ft per year. If you average .36/sq ft for it, you would make £90,000 per year in gross earnings. But if you could do an extra 20% more per year because of improving your productivity, you would average 2400 sq ft per day and make an extra £18,000 per year! But that is not all. Because this glide does not lock down on the carpet like regular wands without glides do, it moves up to double the air in cfms at the carpet. In some climates, this might cut your drying times way down as well. Many cleaners have commented the carpets they clean are dry in as little as 1 hour now. Now this is under good drying conditions, and not all users will see this, but it shows the potential to impact your business in a very positive way. The glide itself attaches to your wand in seconds, and requires no tools to put it on or remove it. Don’t be the last to get one!

UK Launch price £74.95 Plus Vat
contact Solution UK :smile:
on 0845 838 2156/01208 79450

Dave Roelants

Cleantalk Member
Hi Nick,
Will you be putting a list of wands you have glides for on the site? What's this Royal vacuum all about? It looks like a Kirby but not Kirby price
Best Regards
Dave

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Dave,

At a recent demonstration of the Royal, several present noticed that they could feel the vibration through their feet at a distance of ten feet or more. I want one for back-dusting rugs (Oh, and I'll probably use it on the top as well!)

Mark Roberts

Solution World of Clean
Going back to the original post about glides I would not be without now.

Back ache has gone and feel much better after a day out doing carpets esp if your using a high performance porty or truckmount.

Im glad to see you have the slotted ones though as the holed and hybrid ones are a waste of time imo, they miss too much of fluff caused by agitation and I soon got bored of cuffing that up. The difference in glide action is minimal.

Mark :thumbup:

Dave Ingram

Cleantalk Member
Took delivery of the new improved slotted glide last Saturday morning from Solutions and I must say its streets ahead of the glides I have used in the past. No vacuum streaking like the hybrid glide I have used. In my opion you can forget having all the different types of glides on sale, i.e holed slotted or hybrid this glide covers them all and at this kind of money its a give away.

Mick Halliday

Cleantalk Member
Dave how are they different? considering they are made by Ken Harris and not Greenie.

I remember meeting ken at connections 3 yrs ago, he was walking around the stands touting his new invention 'the Teflon Glide' at the time he was getting a lot of stick on the ICS board for being not the most reliable of gentlemen:wink:

I'm not sure of my facts but isn't he the inventor of the 'original' glide.

Mike

Shaun Ashmore

Cleantalk Member
I've had my KH glide for 4 years it's still there JUST.

I have a simular glide on my 14" westpak and it is a beaut it honestly really truly dries carpets conssssssiderably quicker which is a great selling point.

Shaun

Ed Valentine

Cleantalk Member
Mick;

I don't think those particular (new and improved) GLIDES have anything to do with Ken Harris. SOLUTIONS, UK has put together a very quality product/design here; one I would recommend anyone interested to check out.

And, No, Mr. Harris was not the inventor of Glides.

The very best;
Good Fortune to;
Ed Valentine
www.cross-american.com

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Mick,

The first glide I ever used was in 1965 and it was made by Electrolux for their "65" cylinder vacuum cleaner. It was made of nylon and was used on the open-slotted carpet tool when used on light rugs. It effectively reduced the drag so that the tool could be moved over the rug instead of the rug moving with the tool.

K

Ken Harris

Sorry to disapoint my friend Ed Valentine on this one, but I must set the record straight. I do indeed make these glides for Solution. IMO, they are the best glides on the market currently.They are finished to a smoother finish than the other glides out there, which makes them work better.

I have never claimed to be the inventor of glides, as there were many out years before in different materials and shapes before I made mine, but I was the first to make them out of Teflon in the current round shape which has proven to be so popular.That was back in 23 July 2003 when I put them for sale from my site. A few months later , I had them for sale at the first Connection show on September 30, 2003.

Most are aware that I have had a battle going on with HR(Harris Research- former owner of Chemdry)for almost 3 years now, and that it led to financial problems for me,which in turn led to delivery problems to my customers in my main US marketplace. This battle is still on-going and has both Green Glides and ourselves in litagation against HR to decide who can sell glides in the USA. It probably will not be decided until next year sometime.

In the meantime, I did not want my problems with HR to affect glide sales in the UK marketplace, so looked for a distributor that would be able to provide excellent customer support to the UK cleaning community. I have found that person in Nick at Solutions. Accordingly, I have made Solutions our exclusive seller for our glides in the UK. I myself do not sell direct there anymore. The Solutions glides are the best made,best priced and best backed teflon glides you can buy anywhere. Judging by some of the comments of those that have tried them, I am glad that some of you agree. Thanks.

PS- Thanks Mick Halliday for remembering that it was I that started the Teflon Glides back then. I was happy to talk to you at that show.Thanks too to my friend Shaun Ashmore who was the first in the UK to purchase one of my glides, even if it was only 3 years ago, and not the 4 he so fondly remembers(wink).Thanks also go to Jeff and Lisa at Green Glides for picking up the Glide torch almost 2 years ago and helping making them as popular as they are today. They carried on the cause when I stumbled in 2004.They allowed me the time I needed to redesign my glides up to the current world class standard it takes for success. To one and all, thank you.

Mick Halliday

Cleantalk Member
Ken i knew Ed was wrong about who was suplying Nick but I was always told not to correct my elders:wink:

as i said earlier we met at connection in 03.

Mike

Mick Halliday

Cleantalk Member
Ps;

I'll be looking for you at Connections next month, a little birdy says you'll help me out with a glide for my 14inch Westpak:wink: :wink:

Mike

K

Ken Harris

Ken i knew Ed was wrong about who was suplying Nick but I was always told not to correct my elders:wink:

as i said earlier we met at connection in 03.

Mike

MicK: I never let that little detail stop me when a correction needs to be made, even though I too respect my elders.:lol:

Mark Roberts.

Cleantalk Member
Ive got the holed green glide and while I love it for the ease of use and drying I dont think it cleans better and dosent lift the pile as well as a normal wand.

Does the slotted glide cure these problems.

Mark

K

Ken Harris

IMO, the answer is yes to that question. However, I will not be answering most of your questions about glides unless the question is addressed specifically to me, or unless Nick asks me to comment on a question. I feel that with Solutions the seller over there, they or the end users of these glides should be the ones you get your answers from. If however, a very technical question is asked that nobody else there has an answer to give, I shall be happy to help out when asked to do so.

For the most part, I will be reading the comments of others unless the topic touchs on areas where my expertise in an area would be benefical to the topic at hand.

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Mark,

A slotted glide does afford more agitation than a holed glide, but neither as much as an unrestricted wand slot.

It's a trade-off - a glide can reduce operator fatigue, can compensate for poor wand technique and perform some other little tricks ..... but as with so many things in life, it carries a price-tag.

K

Ken Harris

I can see it will not be necessary to answer too many questions about glides afterall. You already have John Bolton here to answer your questions for you! A man of immense knowledge whose posts I have been reading for several years now, seems up to speed on the details of glides as well.

Carry on John!

Ed Valentine

Cleantalk Member
Gentlemen;

I stand corrected on this particular situation.

And to both Mick and Ken; I sincerely thank you Gents for respecting your "elders", but no thanks for making me feel alittle older this day!!!--LOL, just kidding ofcourse!

Anyways, a great product as I understand.

Good Fortune to all, including the real Innovator of many products in our Industry;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.