New Solution Carpet Cleaners Spotting Kit

David McBroom

Cleantalk Member
Tony,

Most of the black lights on the market aren't really up to what we need unless you can get the room properly dark. I used to have a battery black light from a CC supplier, but to all intents and purposes it was a snide money detector and total cr*p for finding urine in carpets.

I then bought a pukka 240v jobby and it works a treat, even in only slightly dark rooms. It takes a couple of minutes to warm up and does get very warm in use, actually came very close to scorching a carpet once with it :rolleyes:. I don't know where you can get them now, where I got mine from don't do them anymore. Worth it's weight in gold on urine jobs it is.
Sound like a Billy ConnolIy special Chris,if it's a 240v "Jobby" :lol:

Chris Jenner

Cleantalk Member
I used to like Billy, particularly 70s & 80s stuff, until he became a bit 'mainstream'. Unfortunately,I do like coarse and vulgar comedians, old school Billy, Jim Davidson, Mike Reid and Kevin Bloody Wilson, who I saw live a few months ago. He was awesome.

Chris Straker

Cleantalk Member
It is a wisdom imparted to me by John Bolton ........ for getting marks out of a rug fringe, where brushing is not appropriate ....... I also use a wallpaper seam roller :rolleyes:

John Birch

Cleantalk Member
Hi Nick,
Did you take Xtreme out of the kit and replace with something else? just wondering, cant see extreme in my kit, I have gum it off and resolvit gel they are not on the list of spotter kit items. I suppose the stain break will do coffee, although the instructions are so tiny I need a magnifier to see them, tried glasses but they don't work.
This is not a complaint just a wonder question.

Richard Cole

Cleantalk Member
John, I didn't have any in my kit either, I think they replaced it with something else, was told the reason but can't remember now. I think you get Gum Off and Resolvit in the kit, although to my mind the spotting kit is not complete without Extreme, I wouldn't be without it. Just buy a 5lt tub and top up the old bottle, it works out much cheaper that way.:smile: