New Solution Carpet Cleaners Spotting Kit

Ian Hare

Cleantalker Veteran
You're not alone John, on the rare occasions when TV is viewed in our house the adverts are totally ignored. Remote controls are great for muting.

Won't be losing any sleep over it either!

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Loved the adverts in the 70's & 80's...not the ones these days.

I pause the tv so that I can fwd wind and miss the damn things.

I'm always saying there should be a filter for this.:pop:

Joe Hatton

Cleantalker Veteran
of course as you know ... its the adverts that pay for the channels/programmes we watch. A necessary nuisance.

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Loved the smash advert Chris:thumbup:

of course as you know ... its the adverts that pay for the channels/programmes we watch. A necessary nuisance.
I mostly watch wildlife programmes, natural history stuff, if it's got David Attenborough ir Brian Cox in it, I'm going to watch it.

Most of the channels aren't watchable...so I wish they'd close em down Joe.

When there was only the 3 channels, they had to work harder at putting something entertaining on. Now all they do is put on programmes showing clips of the glory days of comedy, rather than show the whole programme:pop:

A

adrian marsh

Well splashed out and bought "The Kit". Sorry Nick, still think it looks a bit like a hairdresser's box, but it does look sturdy in the flesh. Also bought the PH tester, de-ionised water & pipettes. Could I suggest a PH tester should be included with the kit as an optional extra?

Chris Jenner

Cleantalk Member
Mine's somewhere between Cornwall and Petersfield right now. Patience has never been a strong point, I want it in my little sweaties and I want it now.

I think you're right Tony that it's going to be a 'client shutter upper' all right.

Richard Cole

Cleantalk Member
Got my case yesterday and got a call off a customer today who specifically asked me to bring in my spotters to see if i could remove some of the stains before booking me. OMG it was the worst e.o.t flat i have ever seen but must admit i felt the biz walking in, bit like c.s.i:lol:. My first impression was to tell Indian landlord to buy a new carpet as this was beyond saving but i did a few sample tests on the worst of the stains and it actually came off with Mirco Spotter, so shouldn't always judge a book by its cover, or in this case a carpet by its stains:lol:.

A

adrian marsh

Got my case yesterday and got a call off a customer today who specifically asked me to bring in my spotters to see if i could remove some of the stains before booking me. OMG it was the worst e.o.t flat i have ever seen but must admit i felt the biz walking in, bit like c.s.i:lol:. My first impression was to tell Indian landlord to buy a new carpet as this was beyond saving but i did a few sample tests on the worst of the stains and it actually came off with Mirco Spotter, so shouldn't always judge a book by its cover, or in this case a carpet by its stains:lol:.
Or a carpet cleaner by their appearance:dodge:

A

adrian marsh

Well splashed out and bought "The Kit". Sorry Nick, still think it looks a bit like a hairdresser's box, but it does look sturdy in the flesh. Also bought the PH tester, de-ionised water & pipettes. Could I suggest a PH tester should be included with the kit as an optional extra?
And perhaps a Black Light for urine detection as an optional extra too.

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Yeah, I want a black light too Adi, imagine those urine stained carpet jobs, you could really target the individual spots with a heavier dose of M Power, maybe wetting out the backing if need be:thumbup:

Chris Jenner

Cleantalk Member
Tony,

Most of the black lights on the market aren't really up to what we need unless you can get the room properly dark. I used to have a battery black light from a CC supplier, but to all intents and purposes it was a snide money detector and total cr*p for finding urine in carpets.

I then bought a pukka 240v jobby and it works a treat, even in only slightly dark rooms. It takes a couple of minutes to warm up and does get very warm in use, actually came very close to scorching a carpet once with it :rolleyes:. I don't know where you can get them now, where I got mine from don't do them anymore. Worth it's weight in gold on urine jobs it is.