New Solution Carpet Cleaners Spotting Kit

Mark Roberts

Solution World of Clean
I'm surprised nobody has'nt asked about stain break which comes in the box.

Great little product, not sure if nick will be selling it separate but I suspect so.

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
We certainly discussed it both days on the training course Mark. Your Dad may give you some details of an ongoing job I am doing. He will have seen the pictures and the results so far are VERY impressive.

Safe and happy cleaning :smile:
Ken

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
On this note Ken, if you had an area of off gassing like under the rug in the pictures you showed on the course, or say, like the pictures that Shorty showed.....if you were using Stain Break on such a scenario as this, would you dare to spray it down?

Also, regarding the encapping of it, I believe you then applied Fusion Clean over the top, then allowed the product to do the rest, before being vacc'd off the next day.

As with all bleaches, presumably you'd apply the Fusion Clean before Stain Break had fully changed the browning, to allow for the remaining potential reaction?

Sorry Ken, I know you'll still be re-energising after the two days courses plus all the hard work you put in with the build up to it.:smile:

Chris Jenner

Cleantalk Member
P1060047.JPG

Adi,

It's a Spectroline BIB-150P/FB. It comes up on Google, but couldn't find anyone the right side of the pond flogging them.

When I ordered mine many years ago it came from the USA & I was expecting it to turn up 110V and having to use a transformer, which I was quite willing to do. I was amazed when it turned up ready for proper electricity with a 240V plug & bulb.

The only down side, it doesn't like being turned off & straight back on again when the bulb is hot, i.e. your extension lead isn't long enough to get into the next room and you move the extension lead to another socket. Been there, done that. Only once, the bulbs ain't cheap!

It really excells in the rug workshop with smelly rugs, I don't need to treat the whole thing for urine as I can be 100% that I've found every little accident and treat individually.

Another place this earns it keep is on EOT disagreements when there is an obvious wee pong, no obvious stains and the outgoing tennant swears blind their little bundle of fluff never disgraces itself inside. With this it's "oh yes it has..........................just there...........................and there...................oh and there too!

I would thoroughly recommend this tool, if there's enough interest Nick may be able to grab some over from thr states.

A word of caution.

Be careful where you shine it. I was searching for the source of a cat urine smell in a large home with a delightful elderly couple when the old gent came in to check on progress. I had already told his wife how it worked and what I was looking for when it passed over urine stains and then he walked in front of it. Embarassing doesn't cut it, she looked at me, I looked at her and tried very hard not to smirk. She then cleared off to the kitchen to put the kettle on a bit smartish. An hour later the poor old chap had changed his trousers, I still wonder whether his Mrs had told him what had happened.

Mark Roberts

Solution World of Clean
Ken,

He did enjoy the day, sounds like everyone did, I'll be coming down to a few of your Cornwall days to heckle you :smile:

A bit of a hidden gem is stain break, I leant some tricks a few years ago from Nick & Steve Carpenter with using it, it's one of the few products I've seen remove turmeric and other nasty's with a high success rate. Will be really interesting to see how others get on with it and what they can make it do.

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
Tony

I have several issues about discussing some of the procedures I shared on an open forum.

• Firstly, an intenet forum is a source of information, but often not a reliable training medium. A newbie could easily interpret information incorrectly and create a disaster for themselves, then I and/or Solution could be blamed for the problem. Mud sticks:down:
  • You guys have invested a great deal of time, £££'s and energy in increasing your knowledge and understanding. You would have every right to feel cheated if I were to divulge everything in public. I hope too, that you all will respect one anothers investment, and that of future colleagues too, and keep these advanced, and to be honest sometimes borderline procedures, confidential. (This is why we MUST test beforehand)
  • As we discussed on the day, there may well be H&S consequences of many of our actions/procedures that a casual reader may not be aware of.
  • Finally, I don't want to cut off an income stream. I can be a bit selfish sometimes:wink:
As for the points you've raised Tony, you were obviously distracted by someone to your left when we went through this topic. You've got it wrong:spank: I'll PM you with the correct procedure:thumbup:

Safe and happy cleaning:smile:
Ken

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Tony

I have several issues about discussing some of the procedures I shared on an open forum.

• Firstly, an intenet forum is a source of information, but often not a reliable training medium. A newbie could easily interpret information incorrectly and create a disaster for themselves, then I and/or Solution could be blamed for the problem. Mud sticks:down:
  • You guys have invested a great deal of time, £££'s and energy in increasing your knowledge and understanding. You would have every right to feel cheated if I were to divulge everything in public. I hope too, that you all will respect one anothers investment, and that of future colleagues too, and keep these advanced, and to be honest sometimes borderline procedures, confidential. (This is why we MUST test beforehand)
  • As we discussed on the day, there may well be H&S consequences of many of our actions/procedures that a casual reader may not be aware of.
  • Finally, I don't want to cut off an income stream. I can be a bit selfish sometimes:wink:
As for the points you've raised Tony, you were obviously distracted by someone to your left when we went through this topic. You've got it wrong:spank: I'll PM you with the correct procedure:thumbup:

Safe and happy cleaning:smile:
Ken

Firstly, sorry JB for pressing the quote button when Ken's reply post wasn't that far away from my question post but, as I think its an important reply from Ken, I hope it explains my doing so:smile:.

Ken, all understood, you're quite right, that sort of info is maybe dodgey in the wrong hands:thumbup:

I apologise for not remembering your explanation of it, it must've been all the excitement, or just maybe I was too busy staring at Nick's CSI spotting cases:giggle:.

Hi Ken

Could you copy me the correct procedure as well, I made notes of this at the time and i'm sure they are in the van somewhere but just in case there not......
So Rich, who was on your left that distracted you from remembering the correct procedure? :rolleyes:

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
The problems with disclosing some procedures on an open forum is that they can be read by people having a very wide range of experience, understanding and training, and in some cases an inability to follow instruction to the letter. In the closed environment of a course, not only does the instructor have some knowledge of those present but also the opportunity to confirm understanding if he has any doubts.

So Ken has again displayed his own professionalism in not posting his response.

The point about 'giving away' knowledge that others have paid to gain is also a valid one and whilst wishing always to help others on a forum, this is something to consider when posting.

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Brilliant answer JB.

I feel a bit daft now for asking the question publicy tbh - as you point out, Cleantalk has the likes of yourself and Ken to make judgement calls....thankfully.

I nearly PM'd it...I should've.:goodday:

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Tony, nobody on my left, i was too distracted by "That Shirt" and girl to my right:lol:
I'm going to put my shirt up for auction at this rate...though JB might use his M Power water canon to beat you all back!

Sorry to be a kill joy but, as I mentioned before, the nice person who was sat to my left will no doubt have access to Cleantalk, her husband too.....keep it clean chaps ( and they are Jag owners! )

Stuart Byrne

Cleantalk Member
I would just like to say Nick and Ken i thought the manual for the Solutions spot and stain removal course was very well done, as was the course of course! easy to read and understand and follow so thanks again! :thumbup: even after a glasses of red or two :lol:

David McBroom

Cleantalk Member
Loved the adverts in the 70's & 80's...not the ones these days.

I pause the tv so that I can fwd wind and miss the damn things.

I'm always saying there should be a filter for this.:pop:
Tony your sounding like a right auld,.........................come to think of it,you sound just like me! :lol: