New Solution Super Pads

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
I used both these pads today John, the dark green / blue striped one is great for scrub/agitating, the white/green striped one is great for absorbing.:thumbup:

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
Hi John

The top one out performs the Old Charly Pads we used to stock, used in direct comparison, on the same carpet using HD they came out well ahead. and they seem to have the longevity of the old pads if used correctly

Best regards

Nick

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Steve, I'm sure you could but, don't make the mistake I did when I first bought my Floormac - I cut them down to almost the 13 inches, some overlap would help you to clean a bigger area, somewhat and, protect the paintwork/skirtings.

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Steve,

A 17" pad on a 13" machine only has an excess 2" beyond the drive board. Though this will not have much cleaning power due to the fact that it does not have the machine weight on it, it conversely doe not impede normal cleaning. So why bother cutting down?

And as Tony mentioned there is a positive benefit for skirting boards.

Chris Straker

Cleantalk Member
Got one of each, when I collected Jaguar and have used them a few times now ......... they do out perform the pads I have been using and I especially like the way the scrub pad works. It does not feel abrasive but obviously does the job as my last set of minging carpet tiles, were done in one pass :goodday:

Des Rynne

Cleantalk Member
Might be a silly question but Can you just rinse out the new pads like you could with the old charly pads our do you have to wash them once dirty :thinking: :dunno:

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Des,

I use them in the same manner as the Charley Pads except that these I can fip over and use the other side whereas the Charley was single-sided.

Kevin Loomes

Cleantalk Member
Nick/John

Have you got any of the XR pads?do you do them anymore? I see the ones above that you have but they seem more adept to bonneting. I want one for agitating only so these would not be what I need at the moment.

That was the beauty of the XR pads, brilliant for agitating pre-spray using floormac/oreck. If you dont do them anymore, can you let me know where to get them please if thats ok?

Thanks

Kev

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
Kev, I've a Floormac, but even with the XR scrub pad on, it isn't as good as my 17" rotary with the dark green / blue striped pad for agitating.

Kevin Loomes

Cleantalk Member
Thanks Tony. I know what you mean, we use rotary's with various brushes for different applications - but never on domestics though. I find them way too cumbersome and they cant get in to small areas, and are a pain taking upsatirs when your in a hurry!

With the pad you mentioned - is it a thick absorbant pad with a scrub strip?

Tony Nash

Cleantalker Veteran
With the pad you mentioned - is it a thick absorbant pad with a scrub strip?
Kev, sorry mate, just noticed this, working too hard.

The scrub pad I was referring to is the one at the top of this page. You try just using an absorbent pad, then use the green / blue striped one for agitation, before buffing, wow, what a difference.