Stainless Steel Cleaning

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
Does anyone have any tips of tricks to mastering the art of stainless steel polishing. ~
I can clean them down great but it always seems to be an ongoing battle to get a stainless steal extractor completley streak free.
I use a micro abrasive paste to clean fully and stainless steal oil currently. (always in the direction of the grain).

Thanks.

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
What brand of Stainless oil based polish are you using. Going ahead if you have good success with the white vinegar, please let us know. Never tried it before.

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
What brand of Stainless oil based polish are you using. Going ahead if you have good success with the white vinegar, please let us know. Never tried it before.
I'm still trying to use up my dirtbusters supplies, possible that's the reason.
I picked up the white vinegar and I'll try it out.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Harry

Get yourself an account with htmaddocks. You can get yourself a bottle of steel care. It's a white cream. I only use about maybe 3 bottles a year. Top tip after you use it keep the cloth in a bag. It keeps it moist then when the cloth is fully soaked you will hardly need any more cream. Never had a problem and used it for years.

Attachments

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
Harry

Get yourself an account with htmaddocks. You can get yourself a bottle of steel care. It's a white cream. I only use about maybe 3 bottles a year. Top tip after you use it keep the cloth in a bag. It keeps it moist then when the cloth is fully soaked you will hardly need any more cream. Never had a problem and used it for years.
I can give that a try too. Getting a few options to give a test. šŸ˜€

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
So I tried glass cleaner, let that dry and used the white vinegar and it gave pretty good results.
not perfect asvery fine streaks were left but not visiable from a small distance away, there is still a few options left t try though :P

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Harry

As above use the cream I use. Once the cloth is soaked in it keep it in bag which keeps it moist. You then won't need much if it's just polishing the outside of a cooker. Surely white vinegar will smell in someone's house.

I have used this for years and never had any problems or a complaint.

Steve