Steam on cooker cleaning

Hellen pods

Cleantalk Member
Hi if anyone use steam as well as a dip tank what sort do you use please I tried a hand held one on a cold Aga yesterday and it helped to heat up the carbon and grease to remove with paste just wondered what others people use

Ricky Noel

Cleantalk Member
Hi quite funny you mention steam cleaners i have been out of oven cleaning for some time but looking at reopening on my own. I used to use one from a company called vapourtek was based in devon it had a variable adjuster on the nozzle so only hot steam would come out with minimal water i used to put a scourer on the end and go at it, it definitely made life a lot easier at the time although you couldn't wait to step back outside as you would be sweating ha i never did try it on the glass though that be my next project to try.

Duncan McIver

Cleantalk Member
Sorry Helen , but i cant see a reason why you would need a steamer? Getting the marks off the inside of an Aga lid can be difficult but the top of an Aga is down to your degreaser and blade.

Gabriel Nagy

Cleantalk Member
Not sure if steam clean will work on very dirty and burned ovens and cookers, never tried but I am sceptic will help a lot. maybe on light dirt yes but not on commecial or burnt ones.

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
I was talking to a guy ex navy chef used to steam clean the oven on board . Put stuff on them sprayed . He said work a treat . Untill the electrics went. But they had a ships sparky who was angry .

Gabriel Nagy

Cleantalk Member
Like somebody said on othe post, not really good idea using steam on oven and hobs, proper oven cleaning method is the best.