Tanks without acids

Andy kopczyk

Cleantalk Member
Is it possible to clean the parts you take out trays, selfs and other parts without using caustic acids in a dip tank or tubs with a heating element. Im curious on what people use.

Mohammed Al-Hagin

Cleantalk Member
yes mate, get a Lakeland tray and use kettle water with your choice of cleaning chemical. Remember to be super careful as some products will damage certain types of surfaces and flooring. Make sure you have insurance in place also.

Andy kopczyk

Cleantalk Member
yes mate, get a Lakeland tray and use kettle water with your choice of cleaning chemical. Remember to be super careful as some products will damage certain types of surfaces and flooring. Make sure you have insurance in place also.
Indeed insurance is key. Cheers. Do u use a plug in heating element to maintain the water temp or just kettle n go

Andy kopczyk

Cleantalk Member
Andy :welcome:

Hows your going it alone on the oven cleaning ?

In reply to your question..

What do you normally use and how do you use it ?

J
Im still getting started. So its all the gear n some idea. Ive done a few for friends n just took it slow n used elbow power so standard blade scower, pink stuff and detergent spray. Ive got a electric diptank in my estate but not used it yet and i have on order tubs as one of my friends lives in a flat over looking fistral bay so doing his oven it dawned on me that a dip tank might not always be the best option with apartments.

Mohammed Al-Hagin

Cleantalk Member
Dip tanks are the best regardless if its in a flat or not. #Lakeland tray with chems is a great backup. Put a boiler jacket around it to insulate it and it will last longer.

Lee Wagstaff

Cleantalk Member
Hi Andy, Its Lee That came and cleaned you partners oven :lol: They are products you can use that aren't caustic based, I started with a couple of trays from coopers still leave these in van incase of emergency. Or if I need to use car ie if van breaks down. But I have still always used caustic in them so I cant comment of other chemicals.