Terracotta floor tiles

Robert Ward

New Cleantalker
i have been asked to clean some domestic terracotta floor tiles in a kitchen and utility room. Can anybody advise the best way to clean and seal?
Thanks
Rob

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
Hi Robert

I would suggest you try our New Vita Clean System which utilises Micro Cleaning, it is a combination of Micro splitting cleaning micro fibre cloths and a very special sponge applicator. Simply remove loose debris from the floor, pre-spray with Solution no8 Fine stone cleaner at a 1-12 dilution, then agitate using the re-usabel XR mop and then follow with our Micro floor cleaning pad and mop, you may need to use a grout brush to get the cleaning solution deep into the grout bars.

As for sealing this would depend on the finish you customer is looking for, a high shine, Matt or natural finish, the natural finish can be protected using Soluprotect for open stone which does not change the finish but uses, Nano technology to form a UV stable and invisable protective coating.

Hope this helps sorry for the delay in replying

Best regards Nick

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
Hi Robert

LIST PRICE (1 - 10 items)

Product Description Colour Product Code Net Price

MOP PADS
VITACLEAN SMALL MOP PAD V11203 £1.66
VITACLEAN MEDIUM MOP PAD V11202 £2.35
VITACLEAN XR INDUSTRIAL MOP PAD V11201 £6.42

MOPPING EQUIPMENT
SMALL MOP BASE AND HANDLE V13102 £15.87
MEDIUM MOP BASE AND HANDLE V13101 £16.56
INDUSTRIAL MOP BASE WITH SQUEEZE MECHANISM HANDLE V12201 £27.57

MULTIMOP BUCKET V12202 £22.08

HAND PADS
VITACLEAN SMALL HAND PAD V11002 £0.85
VITACLEAN LARGE HAND PAD V11001 £1.42
VITACLEAN XR HAND PAD V11006 £0.86

CLOTHS
SUPERIOR MICROFIBRE CLOTH BLUE V13201 £2.62
SUPERIOR MICROFIBRE CLOTH GREEN V13202 £2.62
SUPERIOR MICROFIBRE CLOTH RED V13203 £2.62
SUPERIOR MICROFIBRE CLOTH YELLOW V13204 £2.62

SUPERIOR MICROFIBRE GLASS CLOTH BLUE V13001 £2.83

SUPERIOR LARGE MICROFIBRE FLOOR CLOTH BLUE V13205 £5.52

SUEDE CLOTH LARGE V13206 £7.90
CHAMMY GREY V13208 £6.50

POLISHES
VITACLEAN STAINLESS STEEL REPLENISHING CREAM 200ML V12103 £6.74

ACCESSORIES
GROUT BRUSH V16005 £6.38
GROUT BRUSH HANDLE V16006 £9.03

All prices are quoted excluding vat and delivery.
More details will be available on the www.worldofclean.co.uk within the next few days

If you require any further information please give me a call on 0845 838 2156

Best regards Nick

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Wilf,

The Vitaclean system can be used on all hard surfaces, all that changes is the liquid element, which may be a micro-splitter or maybe plain water.

Nick Robertson-Vousden

Solution World of Clean
Hi John

You beat me to it

Vinyl, Linolium, Mamolium, Altro safety floor,Pirelli flooring, Laminate flooring, ceramics, chrome, stainless steel, parquet flooring, slate, marble, and more!!!!

Regards Nick

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Wilf,

The system is based around a unique micro-fibre sponge with a sacrificial surface which, on floors, is used with a custom mop system. Hand pads are hand-held. It also involves micro-fibre cloths.

No major investment is required.

Neal Oxley

Cleantalk Member
Nick/John - I have a similar job coming up which is a large floor area and I wonder why you recommend this system over the conventional rotary machine approach - I was going to buy a set of charly pads for the job and use them with a conventional stone cleaner. Also, honestly how effective is soluprotect? I have advised customer that the only way to get a waterproof seal is with a costly solvent penetrative sealer but apart from the cost she doeasn't particularly like the effect such seals have on teracotta tiles.

John Bolton

Cleantalker Veteran
Neal,

For large areas the speed advantage of the Charly Pads + rotary is clear. The micro-fibre sponge approach is suitable for any size area and can prove to be quicker on smaller jobs because of set-up times. Solution No. 8, aside from being a very effective cleaning agent is also very free-rinsing.

You may need to use a grout brush (first) regardless of product and method. For the best streak-free finish consider the use of the micro-fibre cloths with their special mop.

The award-winning Soluprotect IS an effective sealant and because it employs nano-technology, it does not modify the appearance of the stone.

After a good rinse it should be applied to a damp floor. Though it can be sprayed on, the most economical method (which also gives a very even treatment)is to use a large, long-handled paint roller. Apply one light coat to damp floor - second coat when almost dry - then third coat whilst second is still just damp.