Timber Floor Cleaning?

Peter Anthony Lewis

Cleantalk Member
Hi Guys...............Just wondered if anyone has experience of cleaning a timber floor with the Bona Deep Clean system? I am a little old fashioned in my thinking, wood and water don't mix!! Would be interested in any feedback positive or negative.

Jon Chrimes

Cleantalk Member
No experience but kicking myself for turning down an opportunity to do a wood course last year.
Decided not worth it as never asked to clean wood.
Must have turned ten jobs away since including one today! Doh:headbang:

Paul White

Cleantalk Member
This picture was included in an e mail enquiry this morning. [Broken External Image]:https://apis.mail.aol.com/ws/v3/mailboxes/@.id==VjN-uVDQb5QOLeqH7YgVfer81nHmqDHRJZRUGzzjTt9-iDIxFeCuFKq_INTYcEfeRXq_xLbXLlh6RgPDmJmY3YWZbg/messages/@.id==AEI1efFpVHp4XI9rHwvfEOsDNwI/content/parts/@.id==2/thumbnail?appId=aolwebmail&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2The potential customer said that this floor needed some cleaning & polishing and was sure to point out to me that it was just surface scuffs!

Bona deep cleaner is for floors that have plenty of finish on them (lacquer or oil) so in effect you are cleaning the topical coating and not the wood. That would suggest that you could choose many more economical alternatives to clean plastic.

Chris Swanson

Cleantalk Member
You can’t hit wood with too much moisture otherwise it’ll prickle. Keying works well, doesn’t remove scratches though and will require re-lacquering. Next step is sanding which will remove scratches etc.

Paul White

Cleantalk Member
The area where the deep scratches were is the patch sanded in the middle. The customer, a landlord needed the job doing this week. He was of course moved from "cleaning & polishing" to sanding & refinishing. It was sanded this morning & sealed by 1000 with two top coats of poly down by 1530.

Most people that enquire about "cleaning" a wood floor KNOW that is not what they need. They know that the engine is knocking and putting a bit of oil in is not gonna sort the problem. They just hope that if they keep repeating the word cleaning it will somehow turn out cheaper.

That being said there are some jobs we do where indeed a clean and a couple of coats of polish, or a key and a coat of poly will make a tired floor look a million dollars..but you have to know when each is the better approach.

Attachments