tip for getting tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham fallows

Cleantalk Member
rolph can this be applied to carpet and upholstery cleaners or is it purely for oven cleaners, also gareth did a job a couple of weeks ago in dorset, a millon plus thatched cottage it was a large two seater sofa it took me almost as long to clean a 3 pce suite it was in a bad way when i had finished i was pretty pleased with the job, she came in said i will pay you cash have you got £5 change i did went out to the van to get it on the way back said to myself if i come back to do any work that £5 is going on top of the quote .
as it was they called me back to do a quote for the carpets this time just the sir of the house he was talking while i was doing the quote i forgot to put the £5 on top i had to rewrite the quote did the job everybody was pleased me in included more happy new customers, thankyou graham.

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
I thought it was when I saw all the smiling face alerts below your post.

What's atism awareness? A rare spelling disorder on the lower end of the spectrum?
I really dont mention christmas 20 times, it's not to be understood as literal. im not sure the best way to support you to understand, would it be easier for you if i used laughing faces as a visual clue to you not to see it as literal, it might be easier if your support worker advises

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
rolph can this be applied to carpet and upholstery cleaners or is it purely for oven cleaners, also gareth did a job a couple of weeks ago in dorset, a millon plus thatched cottage it was a large two seater sofa it took me almost as long to clean a 3 pce suite it was in a bad way when i had finished i was pretty pleased with the job, she came in said i will pay you cash have you got £5 change i did went out to the van to get it on the way back said to myself if i come back to do any work that £5 is going on top of the quote .
as it was they called me back to do a quote for the carpets this time just the sir of the house he was talking while i was doing the quote i forgot to put the £5 on top i had to rewrite the quote did the job everybody was pleased me in included more happy new customers, thankyou graham.
actually you should have added £10 , 5 for the last job and 5 for this job

Dan Woodhead

Cleantalk Member
im not sure the best way to support you to understand
That's kind Rolph, that you are considering ways to support me, It really is. Thank You.

I think the best way that you could support me, and perhaps others on this forum, would be to not go on the attack in a very childish way when someone post a genuine reply to a thread you started. A further way you could offer support would be to not make reference in your attack to a very real condition which some on this forum struggle with and have children who struggle with this.

If you can't handle a reply to your thread, if it upsets you when people offer a genuine comment in your thread, my suggestion would be to not start the thread in the first place. I'm sure you'd agree that this is a much better approach than throwing your teddy out when you get a reply you don't like.

If you need any further support with this issue, I'm sure one of the moderators could help you with this.

We're all hear for you Rolph.

Chris Birkett

Cleantalk Member
Almost every house I go to they say "yeah I've just paid £1k+ to have this done in the garden and they've left a mess through the house" today's was £1200 to remove a tree, last week it was £1100 to put some decking in.

I reply simply "wow I'm in the wrong business!”

That usually makes them appreciate your prices a bit more and I've had some good tips that way.

The best way is always just to be friendly. I talk to them like I would an old friend, but always compliment their house, dog, garden, views etc. They usually bring up work so ask what they do/did and relate that to your backstory and why you do now what you do. It always works.

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
That's kind Rolph, that you are considering ways to support me, It really is. Thank You.

I think the best way that you could support me, and perhaps others on this forum, would be to not go on the attack in a very childish way when someone post a genuine reply to a thread you started. A further way you could offer support would be to not make reference in your attack to a very real condition which some on this forum struggle with and have children who struggle with this.

If you can't handle a reply to your thread, if it upsets you when people offer a genuine comment in your thread, my suggestion would be to not start the thread in the first place. I'm sure you'd agree that this is a much better approach than throwing your teddy out when you get a reply you don't like.

If you need any further support with this issue, I'm sure one of the moderators could help you with this.

erm ok?

i literally dont know what you want, if you look at the others guys responses, they can see its a joke, it's not meant literally, please try to see that, again this perception that you are being attacked, your just not, you said min your original post that joking about tips was "not my style" ok but as you can see most people are ok with that "style" it was just a joke

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
ive got a izettle card read for customers who prefer to pay by card and it cheekly asks customers if they want to add a tip lol
i would get right next to the customer when that screen comes up, let them feel your hot breath on their necks before they decide

Dan Woodhead

Cleantalk Member
i literally dont know what you want
I don't follow. You started a thread on an open forum.
Not my style I'm afraid. I would never push for a tip.
I replied. Nothing rude or patronising, nothing to suggest that your thread wasn't taken as a bit of fun, just my thought on the general subject. Others clearly shared my point of view as I got a few likes.

You replied
thanks for raising aitism awareness
What's autism awareness got to do with anything? What's it got to do with your joke or my reply? :dunno:

I've been on this forum for almost 10, I've made over 2,900 posts and to the best of my knowledge, I haven't fallen out with anyone , and now this :eek:. I mean, come on Rolf, "autism awareness" "I'm not sure the best way to support you". Goodness me, it's like been on Facebook.

If you didn't like my post to your thread, then I genuinely apologize:goodday:. I think the best thing to do moving forward would be for me to keep away from any thread's you start to avoid upsetting you or causing unnecessary drama.

Again I apologize and wish you all the best with your business.

Kind Regards

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.