LTT Leather

water damage

mark knights

Cleantalk Member
hi im going to look at a sofa today ive been told the arm of sofa was soaked during mooving house and it has been left to dry and the owners are not happy how it looks ! the removal firm has asked me to have a look i know its not much to go on but any ideas ?

Judy Bass

LTT Leathercare
It really depends what type of leather it is and what the damage is. ie. a water line on an aniline style leather will be almost impossible to get rid of.

Photos and more details will help.

Judy

mark knights

Cleantalk Member
ty judy i know little about leather to be honest i will have a look and take some pics and post them later ty

mark knights

Cleantalk Member
hi well saw the sofa there is a a large water stain on the corner of the sofa back cushion and the edges of the stain are raised from the rest of the stain like a ridge i took a pic but did not come out well enough from what they said the sofa was in a van over night the van leaked when it was raining and the sofa was just left to dry that was 3 weeks ago its a expensive sofa but cant tell you anything about the leather or how it was finished sorry to be so vague i can tell u its brown !

Judy Bass

LTT Leathercare
If it has shown signs of swelling and a ridge it probably means it is a pigment and there is not much can be done to get rid of the swelling unless you soak the whole arm and see what happens!!

The photo would help as it would give us an idea of construction and it is possible panel replacement could be done.

Judy

mark knights

Cleantalk Member
thanks judy the removal company are thinking what to do ! if i go back i will take a proper pic thanks again