We get it done every year at christmas even if it doesnt need it!

Rolph Groth

Cleantalk Member
God help me I have getting clobbered by the once a year gang, by the way if your house and kitchen are heaving with filth i will probably skip that cup of tea. And stop saying, "I'm a little bit OCD when it comes to cleaning". No your not, your actually humming with dirt, if you have ever had OCD congrats' you have been cured!
December week one rant over

Derek Dale

Cleantalk Member
I went to one yesterday the lady saying I like to keep my oven clean so its not very dirty, what looked to be a black enamel oven was light grey when I finished, I'd hate to see what she calls dirty.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Yes this job is definitely an eye opener. After 17 years of going into peoples houses I have lot of stories to tell my family

Daniel Darlow

Cleantalk Member
Had a job in a Sikh business mans house in Sourf Lundun one day. We sort of clicked with the business exchange thing, anyway he invited me in for 'tea' sat crossed legged on the floor, being served various nibbles by his ladies then 'tea'. In a pot with condensed milk! Argghh! just about kept it down. Anyway, lots of business ensued via his contacts but never again tea on his turf.

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
This is my first December of oven cleaning, and my oh my...
On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a combi that had clearly had a fire.
On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me a filthy double oven and didn't even bother to be home. Then bitched about the quality of the finish.
On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me three extractor panels held on with sellotape (and grease)

Next December I will try and fill up with regulars only and avoid these mingers!!!! The state of the ovens has been just shocking this month.

Joe Hatton

Cleantalker Veteran
We live and learn, Christina. Sounds like you are a fast learner. Thing is though, at times we need new clients.

Dave Overton

Cleantalk Member
@Rolph Groth Can we have Christmas week 2 rant?!!
I’ve had a couple of stinkers but on the whole not too bad.

Thing I’m finding annoying is still getting lots of calls from people wanting their oven cleaned before Christmas and not many want to book for January yet. Maybe next week they’ll realise they’re too late!!!

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
Yeah, I'm having the same thing. Fully booked pre-xmas, but haven't successfully diverted a single enquiry into January yet.

Week 2 has not been too bad, apart from one oven which was fit for the scrap heap. But at least the customer knew it, and she was just thrilled she no longer has to wash her hair after using it!

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Unfortunately it does take years to build up work the start of january. I am on my 13th xmas. I have found over the years a lot who had it done for xmas then changed it to start of January. I am now nearly booked up the 1st two weeks.

I will spend next week when its quite then contacting all my January redos. I will then be off and running hopefully.

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
This December has been loads last years and before . New customers have been nice . Come across the newer Bosch with a different door design . And January is set to be busy already . I push for next year now .