What to do

Terry Miles

Cleantalk Member
I feared that was the answer, especially when she said it was smooth to the touch, I thought oven pride tarnish

Mike Cocks

Cleantalk Member
You could use multi shine from dirt busters. Best way I can describe it is it is a silicone type of solution and puts a coating on it and when the oven is heated it puts a protective layer on it. Worth a try. It should make it disappear but for how long o have no idea. I used one on a similar mark and it went away

Terry Miles

Cleantalk Member
You could use multi shine from dirt busters. Best way I can describe it is it is a silicone type of solution and puts a coating on it and when the oven is heated it puts a protective layer on it. Worth a try. It should make it disappear but for how long o have no idea. I used one on a similar mark and it went away
I’ve never tried this product before but worth a shout, good call

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
If it's the top oven you can not cover it with an oven liner as it has a heating element. Ok if she is just using it as a grill.

Me personally i would not even waste my time trying to sort someone else's mess out. She should have remembered who she used.

Mohammed Al-Hagin

Cleantalk Member
If it's the top oven you can not cover it with an oven liner as it has a heating element.
Where did you get that info from? I've sold loads of oven liners on ovens that have a heating element underneath. Never had any call backs or complaints. They are Teflon, if I'm not mistaken so I don't see why it would affect the heating of the oven/grill...

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
I wonder if it was another oven cleaner, or did she do this herself. You would have to leave the NAPALM on for quite a time to do damage like that. Maybe someone put oven pride on, then painted the crappy oven Knobs white, waited ages for the paint to dry and then found the caustic cleaner had left a stain.lol

Terry Miles

Cleantalk Member
I wonder if it was another oven cleaner, or did she do this herself. You would have to leave the NAPALM on for quite a time to do damage like that. Maybe someone put oven pride on, then painted the crappy oven Knobs white, waited ages for the paint to dry and then found the caustic cleaner had left a stain.lol
This was my thinking too lol, but I like to appear as a superman and feel a tad sorry for her so I’ll give the multi shine a go and see what happens lol

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Mohammed I got the info of the packages. If you read the instructions it says for fan ovens only. The oven liner reflects the heat back down if you leave it on top of an element that's at the bottom. That then damages the surface. You will notice this when you clean ovens and the customer has done this. I see it all the time people put trays, silver foil and oven liners on top of the element and damage the metal.

William Stewart

Cleantalk Member
The oven liners i use can be used for fan, electric and gas ovens but they cannot be placed directly on the bottom of the oven if the oven heats from the bottom its the same for all oven liners.

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
Terry, don't get too excited about multi shine sorting this one out. I use this product regularly, but the magic tends to wear off rapidly. 10 minutes later it will be dull again.