What Van? Buy or lease?

Ben hings

New Cleantalker
Hi all hope everyone is well. Just setting up oven cleaning biz and was hoping for some advice on van types that are good for job and if I should go down buy or lease route. Greatly appreciate To hear people’s thoughts. Cheers

Mark Sutcliffe

Cleantalk Member
Buying is better if you're a new starter

Reduced overheads is always preferable. I don't do ovens myself, a good friend does and fits his dip tank in a dispatch with enough room for anything else.. he did have the same dip tank in a berlingo

Alastair Shields

Cleantalk Member
I've got a Peugeot Partner, plenty of room for the dip tank and all the other stuff. I'd suggest buying a van rather than leasing especially when starting up and there are always excellent nearly new vans around at much less cost than brand new, sadly probably even more so at the moment.

Gabriel Nagy

Cleantalk Member
Better start with a second hand one and upgrade with the flow, see how the business develops and take it from there. Do you intend to mount a tank on?

Nathan Gale

Cleantalk Member
I bought a transit when I started out. 12 plate and was in top condition, beautiful bodywork. Only 120k miles, FSH £4000 including all my sign writing. Broke down twice and gave me a nice £1200 MOT repair bill.
Now I would rather lease from new or finance a 1 year old vehicle and worry about paying rather than worry about it starting.

Alastair Shields

Cleantalk Member
Harry are you sure you'll get a dip tank in the boot of a Corsa? I'm doubtful. Also bear in mind that you have to be able to open the lid fully so need quite a bit of space above the tank.

Harry Abernethy

New Cleantalker
Harry are you sure you'll get a dip tank in the boot of a Corsa? I'm doubtful. Also bear in mind that you have to be able to open the lid fully so need quite a bit of space above the tank.
I'm confident. It's a small portable tank, I am having to build a shelf of sorts to keep its safe from the fabrics and plastic lining. I certainly don't want any melting or fires.

If it lasts long enough to upgrade to a small van I'll be a happy chappy. :smile:

Paul Dennis

Cleantalk Member
I'm confident. It's a small portable tank, I am having to build a shelf of sorts to keep its safe from the fabrics and plastic lining. I certainly don't want any melting or fires.

If it lasts long enough to upgrade to a small van I'll be a happy chappy. :smile:
If its gas tank be careful you dont get stopped as the gas has to be locked and away from the flame, you would be wise to waterproof the back out also as any tank water will eat in the car wiring .