What would you do ?

Lee Wagstaff

Cleantalk Member
I got this message yesterday, If it was a clean i did in the past few weeks i would have been straight over BUT we did it in september !!! Can barley remember the job and she cant even remember my name. Should i just Go ?

"
Hello,
You cleaned my oven for me back in sept and did a fab job
but noticed before you left that the door looked a bit wonkey so not closed completely and the guy ( sorry forgot his name
) sorted it ....unfortunately since then it hasn’t been opening and closing properly and it keeps getting stuck and I don’t dare pull it too hard incase it breaks completely.....could you come and have a look at it please as I’m afraid it’s going to break at any point

Regards
Marie
"

Jacob Ward

Cleantalk Member
Lee

They have made it worse by their lack of caring about their appliance

Not your problem.
4 months ago
15 weeks

Probably 4 uses per week minimum

That's approx 60 times of using it she should have contacted you, and 60 times more damage has potentially caused.

A polite message to her explaining that you cant be held responsible for the damage caused by their use of it in a non working door. And the time period for sorting it out has gone.

I am curious... what did YOU do to make the door wonky ?

If you did at all...

Do you feel that by you going for a look it shows you accepting liability?

J

Lee Wagstaff

Cleantalk Member
Lee

They have made it worse by their lack of caring about their appliance

Not your problem.
4 months ago
15 weeks

Probably 4 uses per week minimum

That's approx 60 times of using it she should have contacted you, and 60 times more damage has potentially caused.

A polite message to her explaining that you cant be held responsible for the damage caused by their use of it in a non working door. And the time period for sorting it out has gone.

I am curious... what did YOU do to make the door wonky ?

If you did at all...

Do you feel that by you going for a look it shows you accepting liability?

J
Hi Jacob if i recall correctly My sister just put the door on wrong was a really old oven Pretty standard hinges, Haven't even got pictures now as its so long back so i cant fully recall it. I do think if i do look it would make me look and feel responsible. :down: I have regulars that have theirs cleaned ever 4 months so makes you think !!

Lee Wagstaff

Cleantalk Member
Also a strange one she actually left us a Late review on facebook

November 23, 2019 ·

Great job - looks fab thanks

Is this a good reply Never had to do this before? :L

Good Afternoon Marie,
Hope you had a good Christmas and new year.
Unfortunately Its almost 4 Months since we carried out the clean we. Therefore we could not be held responsible for any further damage caused by the Faulty oven door.
We would have been willing to come and take a look in a suitable time frame. Couple of weeks but unfortunately not Months.
Thanks Lee

Jacob Ward

Cleantalk Member
Lee

Include the fact that she left a review 2 months later.

Showing that there was no apparent problem.

Why leave a review if the job was incomplete or not finished ?

I would never leave feedback until everything is complete and finished...

She probably broke it over christmas.......

J

Paul Dennis

Cleantalk Member
If the door wasnt fitted back correctly it can take a while to wiggle about , the plate the hinge sits on can be worn and if the door isnt 100% it will end up moving and then giving problems . I have been to sort doors out for a few that had other companys and ended up with door problems , most takes 10 mins to fit it correctly but make sure its not damaged from being fitted incorrectly the first time as it can damage the hinge plate .

Mark Sutcliffe

Cleantalk Member
Just counted... i've used my oven door 6 times today and food's currently in there...

4 months...

nahh... looking at that door being open over 120 times..

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Think I would happily go back but make her aware that you can not take responsibility for something she has made you aware of at the time of cleaning.

Its then upto her to see what she wants you to do.

Keep us posted

Dan Woodhead

Cleantalk Member
I agree with everything above, the only exception I would make and perhaps go back would be if she is a regular client and doesn't live too far away but I would let her know that this is a good will gesture.

I have made some very good long term clients by putting myself out.

Mark Sutcliffe

Cleantalk Member
@Mark Sutcliffe

I agree

However I stated MINIMUM

Makes my point even better.

P.s. what's for your tea ?

Just had roast beef with the full vegetables!!

Food coma to follow and then at 8 I'm in the stables with me chainsaw...

J
Kids are having lasagne, takes 25 mins, my meat n potato pie takes 32, so that's 3 times it's been opened just for tea..

Needs a clean and I cba Haha.

Wifes been in hospital for a month now do it's been hammered as I'm not the best chef.

Christina Daniel

Cleantalk Member
Also a strange one she actually left us a Late review on facebook

November 23, 2019 ·

Great job - looks fab thanks

Is this a good reply Never had to do this before? :L

Good Afternoon Marie,
Hope you had a good Christmas and new year.
Unfortunately Its almost 4 Months since we carried out the clean we. Therefore we could not be held responsible for any further damage caused by the Faulty oven door.
We would have been willing to come and take a look in a suitable time frame. Couple of weeks but unfortunately not Months.
Thanks Lee
Sounds like this is going along the right lines, but maybe don't say "cannot be held responsible for any further damage caused by the faulty oven door" as it makes it sound like you did actually cause the issue. Be clear that old door hinges do fail, and that the 'wonk' was resolved to her satisfaction at the time (and subsequently still at the time of her positive review). Therefore the deterioration in door opening is likely an ongoing wear and tear issue that you are unfortunately unable to take responsibility for.
Best of luck.

Lee Wagstaff

Cleantalk Member
Sounds like this is going along the right lines, but maybe don't say "cannot be held responsible for any further damage caused by the faulty oven door" as it makes it sound like you did actually cause the issue. Be clear that old door hinges do fail, and that the 'wonk' was resolved to her satisfaction at the time (and subsequently still at the time of her positive review). Therefore the deterioration in door opening is likely an ongoing wear and tear issue that you are unfortunately unable to take responsibility for.
Best of luck.
Thanks Cristina for the input i do need to still get round to replying. After van brake down ive been in a right situation trying to organise a rental ect... :lol: