Tom Wainwright

New Cleantalker
Based on a single oven:

Take note of any damage before cleaning the oven
Remove all racks, grill trays, back plate etc etc - place in diptank
Heat oven I usually do to 100 degrees
Door off and scape it, put neatly to one side
*Scrape inside oven, remove all debris everywhere
*Spray with your chosen solution (let it soak for a minute or so)
Paste and scrub with metal scourer inside oven
Wipe clean/polish

Now I focus on the front of the oven starting with the dials/button face section, face of the oven behind the door
Now I clean the inside face of the door (obviously taking apart and doing in-between each layer of glass)
Door back on, clean the outside face of the door

Out to the diptank thats been soaking away at 100 degrees
Clean parts and dry
Back inside and put oven back together
Put oven back on to warm for a few mins making sure it all works again

I've not gone into the greatest detail because I'd be here all day detailing every step. Just curious to see how other people do it really - Wish I joined this forum earlier!

The points with * next to them is sometimes debated which should come first, I vary between them

Kind Regards,

Tom

Daniel Burt

Cleantalk Member
I usually clean the door first, allowing the cleaning solutions to dwell a little longer on the inside of the oven, I generally find the accumulated nonsense in the oven is tougher to scrub out so needs a little extra time with the products.

Gareth Hill

Cleantalk Member
Once oven has been heated, I remove the door and spray on bio and leave to dwell. I then blade the oven and get worst of the stuff off. I then spray on bio and leave to dwell. I then do the door,once door has been done I then go back to finish off the oven.

This way both the door and oven get some dwell time.

Chris Tozer

Cleantalk Member
The first job I do before anything else and when oven is cold is remove light lens and clean and replace. This avoids any risk of cracking the lens when it's hot.

John Allton

Cleantalk Member
1. inspect. (Pics).
2. Test ( Discuss Issues)
3. Remove ancillaries.
4. Blade.
5. Apply Juice.
6. Dwell (Tank with Ancillaries).
7. Heat.
8. Clean inner door & remove.
9. Clean internal oven.
10 Clean re hang door.
11. Clean & Reassemble Ancillaries.
12. Test.
13. After Pics
14. Debrief Customer take payment.

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
I never heat the oven, in fact i was trained to turn it off at the wall, although i soon stopped doing that.

I once had to do an oven that someone had decided to use before i got there and it was so uncomfortably hot and annoying to work with.

Does it make a massive difference?

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
My drill is thus:

Before pics
explain any damage or wear and tear.
remove racks etc
Spray with de greaser
spray on oven foam
take racks fan plate etc to van
dip it all and forget about that
back to oven and scrape door whilst still on
then remove door put to one side
scrape inside oven clean fan etc

once done so i know that is out of the way
return to van and scrub racks etc

rinse racks
return to oven and install racks

then remove gloves and remove door glass and clean door/glass

Fit door back and finally spray all with some nice apple anti bac spray and wipe down.
Smells fresh.
Take after pics

Wash hands, have a chat about how crap ALL our politicians are.
Payment.
Van
Vape.

Duncan McIver

Cleantalk Member
First thing i do is drink a cup of tea. It doesn't really matter how you clean an oven its the end result that matters, if you're happy with the clean then its a good job done.
We all do it differently and i have changed the way i clean them and what products i use several times over the years

Duncan Bramwell

Cleantalk Member
I never heat the oven, in fact i was trained to turn it off at the wall, although i soon stopped doing that.

I once had to do an oven that someone had decided to use before i got there and it was so uncomfortably hot and annoying to work with.

Does it make a massive difference?
Just try it once when hot, and you'll soon see the difference. More brains, less muscle!

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
Have tried a couple of times with oven hot. Didnt notice a lot of difference, but found the degreaser dried up.

Duncan Bramwell

Cleantalk Member
Have tried a couple of times with oven hot. Didnt notice a lot of difference, but found the degreaser dried up.
Hi David, I too have experienced the "dried-up" issue. It may be that you are going too hot. Maybe try to keep temp between 50-60 degrees?
Let me know how you get on. Duncan

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Hi

I never understand why you would clean a cooker cold. By heating it up just a few mins on a low temperature it makes removing at least some of the carbon a lot easier.

Each to there own just not for me no thanks I like to make my life easier not harder

Steve