Window Cleaning On The Side

Daniel Paton

Cleantalk Member
The cheapest possible start is a ladder, bucket, mop and squeegee.
If it’s wfp then you’ll regret buying that ali pole.
Your body will thank you for a carbon fibre pole but If budget doesn’t allow it then get a fiberglass pole and upgrade when you can.
The most important thing is to test the tds of your water. If you live in a hard water area then you will go through a fortune in resin with that unger hydropower thing. Resin is around £80 a bag at the moment and you would burn through it very quickly.
Much much cheaper going forward with a small ro system and a di vessel to polish it off. You will need water butts or a small ibc tank to store it though.
I’d buy a Gardiner backpack and strap it to a trolley and a 25ft pole. That height should cover you for domestic no problem. You’ll also need 25 litre drums to transport it.
If an ro system is a problem then there are companies out there that sell pure water or contact all your local cleaners and ask if any will sell you water.
I could go on forever as there are many options including a diy trolley but I’ll leave it there. Good luck mate :smile:
Fire away with any other questions.

Adam Hyde

Cleantalk Member
Cheer's think I will go with the cheapest option as this will only be a side thing ladder, bucket, mop and squeegee it is.

This is just to test the waters and still if there is much interest in my current area.

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
I also thought about doing the on the side route . But then I bumped into a guy with all the kit. He had a really nice road totalling to around 200 for the whole area but he looked the part. On the other hand I had an old chap do my windows a few years back for 10 pound he did a great job tho . I think the guy filled his bucket from the sink and it looked good.