Wooden Floor Clean -advice

Thomas Wright

Cleantalk Member
Hi guys, during a visit to a customer, I was asked to clean this wooden floor- 'of course, I said not a problem'! There is approx 80m2. The floor, she said, is wood, just down a year, with some minor scratches, but she only wants it cleaned. There is a light sheen to it and what, in my opinion, is a polyurethane layer as it feels 'plasticky' (if that makes sense). Any advice on a suitable product and process would be welcome-I know I'll have to keep the moisture to a minimum. They currently mop the floor with 'Flash' wooden floor cleaner ...Tia @Jon Chimes- would a rotary with a Melamine pad be suitable for this?

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Jon Chrimes

Cleantalk Member
Ha, I know absolutely nothing about wood !
Funny really, had the chance of a course last November, said no thanks as never get asked for it. Since then nothing but wood enquires, at least ten, now this. Life Eh lol :rofl:
Best of luck though , seems like worth your time to delve deeper

Jake Nash

Cleantalk Member
Check your insurance before you get involved. They can be problematic where moisture is concerned, even if they've been Flashing it!

Thomas Wright

Cleantalk Member
@Tom Chorazyk Hi Tom, yes I'd cleaned the floor back in late April. I used my floormac rotary with a red pad and sprayed the floor with a dilution (100:1) of 'Pallman Clean'. The spray method keeps the moisture to a minimum. Afterwards, you can run over the floor with a flat mop just to dry it off. The floor came up well, as the customer was satisfied. Regards