Yellow stains on marble

Russ Kirk

Cleantalk Member
Hi. Does anyone have any idea how to remove yellow stains from lighter marble. I have seen them around toilets and then on stairs , fireplace surrounds etc. I have heard Oxyllic acid may work but have never tried it. Any products and cleaning techniques you guys can reccommend would be very appreciated.

Russ Kirk

Cleantalk Member
What have you used in the past , and to what effect
Hi. So ive tried the stongest tile cleanig ( degreasing and stripping) detergents that i know. Then ive tried acids hydrochloric and phosphoric acid. Tried rust removers (one that smells like rotten eggs) Tried grinding down and resurfacing / polishing up again. I havent tried hypo or oxallic acid tho. I have had varying dgrees of limited success but replacement has been the only sure way to recommend removing them so far. Any thaughts?

Russ Kirk

Cleantalk Member
Not to much actually. Reaction on the surface but these older yellow stained marbles i am trying to clean dont seem to effected by acids. I rince very quickly though and have actually etched a newer polished marble before which was easily polished out.
Would be nice to know something that really works on yellow stains for future work