Let’s get this straight I need help!!!

Daniel Atkinson

Cleantalk Member
Ok guys sorry to bring another post about the dreaded corona virus but I need to clear this up for peace of mind.

My situation is I’m self employed cleaning ovens and carpets obviously need the money(as we all do) but I have a pregnant partner at home which I’m terrified gets the virus but I feel I’m letting customers and everyone down by not attending appointments but I’m not comfortable entering numerous households daily.

1-Are you guys still working?
2-Am I being dramatic/stupid?

Phil Bennett

Cleantalk Member
Not working anymore. Applying for any government help if there is any as of today.
No matter how the guidelines have been interpreted as an oven/carpet cleaner none of us are essential.
Not dramatic at all, a lot of us are in the same boat. Plan ahead though, if you have to, defer any payments you can even if only for a month.

Daniel Darlow

Cleantalk Member
Your family are the most important.
Isolation means exactly what it says, and not stay indoors for 2 days and then meet up with mates, or do a job!
You are being stupid if you dont follow the guidlines.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Daniel

If you are still going out because of financial needs I totally understand. But don't go because you do not want to let them down they will understand.

If you are showing bo symptoms just make sure the customers are in another room.

When you get home make sure you get straight into the shower.

And above all they keep saying avoid touching your face and nose etc.

It's a tough one if you are doing it for financial reasons.

Like everyone it's upto each individual to access the situation themselves based on there circumstances. fingers crossed we all get some help soon.

Stay safe

Steve

Neil Kelloway

Cleantalk Member
Hi Daniel you have any loans , rent , mortgage

Stop paying them immediately .

Next apply for universal credit

Sick is about £94 percent
Universal credit will pay rent , council tax etc plus free prescription and dentist .

Last time I was in this situation I tried to pay everyone it just caused stress as soon as I realised food, warmth and shelter are the main thing I p@@sed the rest off .

If there is items that put pressure on you pay a minimum if you tell them your situation most will defer any payments .

Any other problems ring citizens advice they are usually very good .

Have a look at this website and fill out your details it will tell you what to claim.
You might find out your better off than you think , I did

Hope that helps

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Good luck trying to get through to some of the loan companies you can not get through.

Tesco tell you to fill a form i am still waiting to hear back off them. Another is a 70 min wait.

They certainly don't make it easy do they.

It's like Brexit all over again with people arguing about what to do
And posting nasty things on social media about people.

It was only the other week people were saying be aware of peoples mental health because of what happened to caroline flack.

Now we have people slaging people off for being over crowded on tube trains.

It's not there fault is it so moan to the crappy London mayor . not post there pics all over the news and slag people off.

That's my rant over

Paul W Johnson

Cleantalk Member
I made the decision to shut down this morning, everyone I rang appreciated my decision and will await my call in the weeks/ months to come.
Work is going to dry up in the next week or so anyway, so for the sake of a few jobs is it worth the risk.

The virus doesn't move, we move it around.
If we don't move it dies.

Think of the future and enjoy your family.
Stay Safe.

Dave Overton

Cleantalk Member
Stay at home. Every customer I rang the start of the week to cancel appointments totally understood (and most likely didn’t want me there anyway!)
The money side of things is a worry, I get it, I’m feeling it myself but it’s not as great as the worry you’d have for your pregnant partner if she became ill.

Ioan Davies

Cleantalk Member
Hi Daniel,

Everyone’s situation is different and I fully appreciate the need to continue earning. That said there’s nothing more important than looking after loved one’s-especially with new life on the way.
Stop working-concentrate on marketing strategy for when it’s all over but far more importantly focus on new baby and build the life they deserve.
Best wishes.

Garry Boniface

Cleantalk Member
Daniel.

The main reason that this virus is so lethal is that it is new.

No-one really knows the ins and outs yet.

One thing we don't know is the effect on unborn children (certainly not enough to make a definite judgement call).

What you do now could affect the rest of that child's life.

I'm sure most people will understand your situation. If they don't f*ck them. This is too important.