Van Set Up

patrick rogers

Cleantalk Member
canvassing mate best way forward for window cleaning residential or commercial companies email follow up by phone call or there is people who operate in telesales get you in with them to give a quote etc

Steven Swanson

Cleantalk Member
Thanks Patrick
Would you hand a card over to receptionists
And then follow up with an email or phone call

daniel crouch

Cleantalk Member
Get a pro to do your tele sales - it's what they do - all you need to do is turn up quote and hopefully win the client over . Dropping cards may work to small offices and the like but secretary's are not usually the decision makers . Target sales to clients that have multiple sites that way if you do "get in " your in for all of them and gives better returns on tele sales opposed to single sites .

patrick rogers

Cleantalk Member
likwht type of work are you chasing ?

likes of pubs and resturants etc id go in and ask to speak to the manager ( dont go in when they will be busy )
shops and retail units the same
dentists and care homes etc call first dont just go in
like od offices and big scale work call email etc then try to get in to give a quote

give quote and business card in a printed a4 folder these would really help with commercual work
take photos of said property ( with their permission print them on paper so you can detail extactly what you will clean

give different prices for weekly,monthly bi monthly and quarterly as these do vary

then residental which i think is best i would say go door to door and be friendly :lol:

Steven Swanson

Cleantalk Member
Cleaned my first Windows today with my pole system
Tested water and it was reading. 000.5
Is this still okay or will it leave marks

Stuart Ingles

Cleantalk Member
5ppm will be ok but have to ask yourself why it's not 0. How are you making your pure? Is it DI only? Or RO into tank then DI after pump? If its all new unused kit, hose reel, pump, tank etc it will take a bit of washing out. Did you let it run or just take the reading as soon as you started the pump?

Steven Swanson

Cleantalk Member
Good point Stuart
I'm making my pure through Di vessel all equipment fairly new
My tap reading is 80 so quite soft
Did let it run for a while
It's only a 1/4 full at the moment
Maybe empty out and start again
Another thing water been sitting in there for about 2 weeks

daniel crouch

Cleantalk Member
What d I vessel size ? Under ten fine for Windows .
If it's only s small 12 ltr vessel or less give it a shake thump up and down as water doesn't always get right to the bottom resin - if it's higher next time you test tds your resins on its way out sadly even low tds will kill resin in a small vessel quick. Twin 25 vessel is best bet for d I only

Stuart Ingles

Cleantalk Member
Sorry do you make pure as it goes into the tank or fill tank with tap and purify in demand ( I have a holding tank of pure then transfer to the tank in my van). Pure water shouldn't go off but not sure about normal water. Either way test the tank water and see what it reads and if high wash it all out and start again. You can even test after the DI and before the hose to narrow down that everything's doing what it should. Obviously follow Daniels advice. You might simply find it improves on its own after a bit of use but you definitely don't want it going the other way

daniel crouch

Cleantalk Member
Cheaper long term to add a 300 gpd ro unit - di vessel 25 empty 100 quid ish with out checking plus each 25 kilo bag of resin around 70 quid or 300 gpd ro is around 170 ish . To give you options