Advice Needed

Garry Neilson

Cleantalk Member
I have been looking at getting a backpack waterfed system for doing EOTs and the oddcommercial, has anyone tried the Gardiner indoors system or shark system as I would want something like that as well as one for external. Is it worth spending that extra on for example gardiners poles as I won't be using them all day, what would be an average length for doing up to second floor windows(yes I know that's a bit of string question but barring abnormal tall building floors or slopes outside ect). I am pretty certain my old ROman unit (had fish)had a polisher/di canister in its 3rd section but these appear to be sold as a separate polishing unit after the standard double/triple units is that what is needed(cleaners round here use both RO and th s DI bag things). Any other recommended backpack systems.

Dan Paton

Cleantalk Member
Your ro man unit will work but if the gpd is low it could be painfully slow at producing water. I use a seperate 11litre di vessel to polish water simply because i dont need to change the resin as often. If the system has been lying a while id change both the filters and membrane.
Your body will thank you for a good carbon pole when your stretching over a conservatory or extension. Carbon is lighter and stiffer than fibreglass. That said. I started with a fibreglass pole so it can be done.
Ive tried a few indoor systems and their not great. A mop and squeegee is much faster. Id only use an indoor system if it was high and couldnt be reached by ladder.
Finally a backpack holds only 20 litres max. If the commercial was big it would take forever refilling it. A trolley would be faster as your just switching barrels. A tank in your van would however be best.