Commercial Carpet Cleaning-pricing Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanislaw Slowinski

Cleantalk Member
Hi everyone
I get email from new customer about price for 175m2 showroom
how i should quote this? £1per 1m2 or more ?
How you pricing commercial carpet cleaning per m2 or per time ?

Mark Roberts

Solution World of Clean
I would pop along to have a look while I talked him into the benifits of using our service, explaining and demonstrating why he's getting value for money instead of a rock bottom price.

Quoting commercial without seeing it can lead to tears or even worse little profit, it could be a stinker with oil everywhere etc :cry:

If you compete on price alone your end up doing it for next to nothing again and again.

Dan Paton

Cleantalk Member
Check it carefully first, especially under tables etc. I was caught out by a school last week. I reckoned it would take I and a bit days. Took me 2 full days because I never bothered looking at the marks under desks etc.. Me being lazy but I paid for it

Jamie Biles

Cleantalk Member
Test patch on first site visit , advise maintenance plan and free spotter bottle/s (Its a showroom and safe in the knowledge their prospectus clients will be impressed first time and every time) and they will be obvlivious to your large bill when they first step foot on newly looking carpet. :thumbup:

Joe Hatton

Cleantalker Veteran
you NEVER price a commercial carpet without seeing it, mainly for the reasons already explained, but also yo need to see the logistics of doing the job like where is the water supply, will bucket fit into sink or do I have to use smaller containers (more time), is there an adequate water flow from the tap or is it slow running, where do I dump the dirty water, a long way from job?
I went to an office yesterday, and did exactly what I just said. I expected water supply to come from a kitchen which may have had a deep sink or a shallow one, there was actually a cleaners room with a sluice sink, so bucket easy fits under the taps and can dump dirty water there knowing its going down a black drain.
Charge by area or by time? - they are closely related. What you want is an adequate monetary return for the time and area you covered. You could have a large lightly soiled carpet, no marks etc that could be done very efficiently with a rotary, or it could be a relatively small work area thats a mess with all sorts of staining that may take as long or even longer.
I sent a quote by email last night, thanking them for inviting me to quote and showing me the areas requiring cleaning, laying out what I areas I am quoting for, what procedure I am going to use, what safety implications here are (some of the areas they wanted in work time, others in out of work time ie main office), how I am going to manage the potential hazards, what I will require in terms of power and water, told them I have public liability insurance, when I will submit an invoice and when I expect to get paid. I got the impression they may have the job done in two parts, so I found out there priorities and quoted accordingly. I dont want to turn up to be told they only want me to "so much" today, when I had quoted for the whole lot at the same time, I even used the words "an invoice will be submitted at the end of each area", so that they dont want to pay me just the once when there may be a 3 month, or 6 month gap between starting and completing all the areas.

Stanislaw Slowinski

Cleantalk Member
thank you very much for replys :smile: i send email to customer if i can come and have look so i wait wath they tell me.that showroom is in my town so not to long to drive :smile:

Joe Hatton

Cleantalker Veteran
Following on from my previous post, #6, I submitted my quote by email and the manager would have read it this morning, and he replied approx 10:30am saying he would like me to proceed as per my quote (he tolda me yesterday he may be going out to one or two other carpet cleaners but I think its obvious he has'nt - not had the time.
So a visit, talk the right talk, present an informative quote, put in a price fair to both parties and you can be a winner.
The only drawback (deal killer) is that i have asked for payment within 14 days of presentation of invoice and he says head office terms are normally 60 days which I wont go along with. I am a carpet cleaner NOT a money lender and if I was I would want paying for 60 days credit. He knows my view (we discussed briefly yesterday) and is working to sort. He did say he could pay by card but I dont take cards (if I was younger and keeping going I would have a card payment system).
Just a small hurdle to get over.
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.