Gym Rubber Mats

Terry Miles

Cleantalk Member
So, quoting a gym for deep clean of changing rooms etc.... and they have also asked weather the rubber mats in a studio can be cleaned - well - can they - if so how.

The area is 40 x 20 foot approx. and they are the square 2-3 inch thick super absorbent rubber mats which essentially makes up the whole flooring in this room.

Terry Miles

Cleantalk Member
I havnt really, but would invest if made sense, im put off by them because A they are rubber and B they would just soak in so much moisture.

Andy Brown

Cleantalk Member
I'm no expert but I would think the whole idea of gym mats are that they don't soak in moisture, i.e sweat.

Andrew Evans

Cleantalker Veteran
Hi Terry machines like the Rotowash are ideal for these.
I would use STS and rinse with something like a Roto wash. If budget allowed I would invest in a pro 35..... hope that is what it's called. This would be an ideal machine as it opens up other markets including dry powder and encapsulation. The other advantage is that it is designed for wet use. Other machines would be a duplex although my choice would be the pro 35 for reasons stated.
If it is an initial clean and not likely to turn into a reg job I would put STS down, use my floor mac then rinse with very low pressure.Or even lightly spray water afterwards and just use the vacs. Hope this helps Andrew

Terry Miles

Cleantalk Member
Some brilliant answers as usual, thanks guys, the mats are not plastic coated or anything, they are hard rubber / hard foamish to touch. My worry is id imagine they would take some hours to fully dry. even with vacs drying.