HSE alert for LPG Gas oven cleaning equipment

Daniel Nailor

Cleantalk Member
I take it on board, but it’s really down to correct operating procedures.
Although, if anyone knows who fits the permanent tanks like campervans have I’m interested.

Derek Dale

Cleantalk Member
I take it on board, but it’s really down to correct operating procedures.
Although, if anyone knows who fits the permanent tanks like campervans have I’m interested.
Daniel have you looked who fits car lpg conversions in your area they will be able to fit a tank as road lpg is propane so I assume with a regulator fitted that would be ok of course they will know better. So with a fitted tank you should be able to use garage lpg outlets

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Daniel look for your local gas-it installer. I have two refillable lpg gas tanks fitted. I just pull up and fill up saves a lot on gas.

I geuss this has all come about because of the idiot who was driving with his tank boiling in the back of his van and it blew up.

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
I am assuming he had the gas on or burner on when the doors where closed

Or had a hose come off when the cylinder was on.

Easily preventable.

Anyway of finding out what actually happend ?

J

Nick Farrow

New Cleantalker
If your looking for any self refillable gas bottle or specifically underslung gas tank solutions to make sure your safe, insured and legal then we will be able to help here at GAS IT in North Wales as that's the LPG tank and bottle equipment we manufacture and supply, and have done for over 30 years.

Firstly I would add the £600 mentioned above seems very expensive for a small tank system but it does depend on whats included i suppose. Our GAS IT bolt on underslung tank kits with say a 25 ltr kit with fill point, all the hoses, tank, level gauge etc ( everything except the pigtail and regulator as these depend on pressures and flow needed ), start at around £380 inc vat and free delivery.

We hold thousands of vehicle under slung and internal LPG gas tanks and bottles ranging from 15 ltr up to 230 ltrs and we supply most of the UK and European motorhome and caravan vehicle manufactures who choose to fit our GAS IT tanks and all the associated LPG parts on their new zero miles vehicle production lines. We also supply to catering vehicle manufactures, road repair vehicle manufacturers, Farriers and aftermarket individuals or companies.

We not only manufacturer and stock LPG parts, tank and gas bottles for your own use ( and ability to fill up at autogas stations ) but we also are able to specify, design and develop LPG tank and bottle solution equipment for what you need so all you would need to do is contact one of the GAS IT Technical support team or one of our sales people and we can advise you what you need.

If you don't want to fit the GAS IT systems yourself then we also have a GAS IT dealer network who can do this for you around the UK and Europe - We have around 438 installers.

Our contact details are

www.GASIT.co.uk
sales@gasit.co.uk
tech@gasit.co.uk
tel : 01286 832443

That's all my rambling over with, but i did want to point out we are here to help and its not a difficult process adding a under-slung gas tank or gas bottle to your vehicle to make it safe and legal. :lol:

Nick.

Permission given for this post by NRV

Daniel Nailor

Cleantalk Member
If your looking for any self refillable gas bottle or specifically underslung gas tank solutions to make sure your safe, insured and legal then we will be able to help here at GAS IT in North Wales as that's the LPG tank and bottle equipment we manufacture and supply, and have done for over 30 years.

Firstly I would add the £600 mentioned above seems very expensive for a small tank system but it does depend on whats included i suppose. Our GAS IT bolt on underslung tank kits with say a 25 ltr kit with fill point, all the hoses, tank, level gauge etc ( everything except the pigtail and regulator as these depend on pressures and flow needed ), start at around £380 inc vat and free delivery.

We hold thousands of vehicle under slung and internal LPG gas tanks and bottles ranging from 15 ltr up to 230 ltrs and we supply most of the UK and European motorhome and caravan vehicle manufactures who choose to fit our GAS IT tanks and all the associated LPG parts on their new zero miles vehicle production lines. We also supply to catering vehicle manufactures, road repair vehicle manufacturers, Farriers and aftermarket individuals or companies.

We not only manufacturer and stock LPG parts, tank and gas bottles for your own use ( and ability to fill up at autogas stations ) but we also are able to specify, design and develop LPG tank and bottle solution equipment for what you need so all you would need to do is contact one of the GAS IT Technical support team or one of our sales people and we can advise you what you need.

If you don't want to fit the GAS IT systems yourself then we also have a GAS IT dealer network who can do this for you around the UK and Europe - We have around 438 installers.

Our contact details are

www.GASIT.co.uk
sales@gasit.co.uk
tech@gasit.co.uk
tel : 01286 832443

That's all my rambling over with, but i did want to point out we are here to help and its not a difficult process adding a under-slung gas tank or gas bottle to your vehicle to make it safe and legal. :lol:

Nick.

Permission given for this post by NRV
I had my Gas it tank fitted this weekend. The £600 included fitting by the supplier.

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
Went to a clean 18+ months ago at a block of apartments. The parking was on the lower level. When I was getting access, the security bloke asked if I had a gas heated dip tank as they were not allowed to be used on the building. Luckily I had a plastic workshop tank. When these incidents occur HS&E get involved. When I worked in printing if a piece of equipment caused injury or death an email was usually sent round to print works management asking to check any similar equipment and have a toolbox talk with the operators regarding preventing any reoccurences. It would have been helpful if HS&E had said what actually caused the ignition.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Nick

As mentioned above it was me that recommended your company. I have two tanks fitted which I have now had for two years.

Its saved me a fortune in the long run. I used one of your recommended installers to ensure it's all fitted correctly and it's safe.

We worth the money.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Yea Daniel have been using lpg refillable gas tanks for 10 years now. Costs a bit at the start but you will save loads in the long run. I have two 25 litre tanks so lasts me 3 to 4 weeks and costs me about £22 on average.