Oven Light Bulbs

Sarah St Juste

Cleantalk Member
Hi everyone, first time poster here!

We are getting requests to change oven light bulbs, my question is, is there one particular type of bulb i need to stock up with, or are there several types? And is there a better place to buy them in bulk?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah and Stevenson

Mike Jones

Cleantalk Member
I don't stock them any more and tell the customer to get them from Tesco. Some of them seem to blow straight away and you may get a phone call a week later saying it has gone....I just don't find it worth the hassle and they never seem to mind once you show them how to remove the cover.

D

Deleted member 5124

I buy the 25w ones from Maddocks, never had a problem with them blowing, buy them in bulk and sell them for £3, can make a decent profit on them, only problem is the dam covers can be a pain to get off.

Paul Dennis

Cleantalk Member
I used to get mine from Maddocks but had so many problems with them I put 40 in the bin , never had any trouble since and I get mine for the local hardware shop .

Paul Pantony

Cleantalk Member
I carry 15w, 25w, 40w and g9 capsule bulbs plus cooker hood bulbs. I now charge £5 to change each one which makes a decent profit on Maddocks prices.
Only ones that I hate are ones when I change a bulb and it’s not that that’s the issue, some lights just don’t work.

Sarah St Juste

Cleantalk Member
Thank you everyone, really appreciate your replies. I have set up an account with Maddocks and will see how the first order looks when it comes :lol:

Duncan McIver

Cleantalk Member
This is the reason I no longer carry bulbs. I was at a job last week, a very old lady was my customer, my bulb has gone she sais to me. Don't worry I replied I will go and get you one and pop round later and fit it for you (I am a very soft touch when it comes to old ladys). Went round the next day no answer, phoned her up later when I got home, sorry I never heard the bell she said. So I arranged to go round the next day, did that all working one very happy old lady, I didn't charge her. Phone rang last night, old lady Hi Duncan, that bulb you fitted for me has just gone. So I am going to get her another and that will make it four trips to her house. That is why I no longer do it, because it not worth the hassle for a couple of quid.

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
I like a fresh bulb 25 watt really need to be put in instead of 15 watt otherwise they will blow! But I can’t see how u can see the finish product with out a bright bulb . The bulb shows all angles of any black bits that are missed! I think a bulb is a necessary.