Rangemaster Professional Issue!

Mohammed Al-Hagin

Cleantalk Member
I had a long and actually pleasant chat with the customer, she said in a perverse way you did me a favour. The wiring from the oven to the isolator switch did not have a big enough cross sectional surface area to handle the heat the oven would generate or the Amps either. The Oven has a plug type fuse which it was connected to instead of its own RCD in the consumer unit. Basically she hasn't long moved in to the house and had no idea. She thanked me, asked me to collect the money from her tomorrow as she had to work late today. Overall she was really happy and a potential fire hazard was rectified so shes safe going forward to. To say im breathed a huge sigh of relief is an understatement. Thanks for all the advise guys, I really do appreciate all the time you've taken to help a fellow oven cleaner out. :smile:

Kevin Taylor

Cleantalk Member
Had a feeling it would be cooker switch, no way should you pay, it’s faulty switch be interesting to see which type,
It won’t be the first time this has happened

Kevin Taylor

Cleantalk Member
Next time when testing ranges turn all on ovens 2x and grill or grills and try all elements for at least 1 mins all together