Risk Assessment And Method Statement

Lee Mack

Cleantalk Member
Would anyone have a Risk assessment and method statement template I could use for a communal
clean Or could some kind person give me a few pointers
thanks in advance

Garry Neilson

Cleantalk Member
The entire point of a risk assessment is it will be different in every area you work in, most can be found online to show how you need to view the place you are working, but as a rule think a complete moron walks into the area you are working,
What are the risks to the public, wet floors, trip hazards such as cables ect. What are the risks to your staff the same as the public such as falling over cables but also are you cleaning windows , do they open will they reach out to clean, how high are you cleaning do you use a step or a ladder ect. What chemicals or cleaning agents are you using, do you have kits in case of eye splashes ect? Do you need signs will you need cable covers? Quite simply for a communal clean you should take into account any trip/slip hazards to the public, not break fire rules by blocking escape routes or wedging fire doors open and only clean in a safe manor no hanging out of windows ect. or using ladders wrongly on stairs.

Lee Mack

Cleantalk Member
Thanks Gary Have been thinking about this all night even thought about blood and Syringes
But fire doors never entered my head Something else to add to the list Once again thanks