Samsung Single, double door oven

Curt Holl

Cleantalk Member
Hi all,

Came across this single double style door in a Customers' house today. The oven insides I have no problem with, however, he wants the crud in between the door glass cleaning. Just wondering if anyone has come across this oven and has successfully cleaned between the glass?

I've been cleaning ovens for nearly 10 years and have never come across this type of door before.

Cheers.

Attachments

David Lynch

Cleantalk Member
Had one of these a couple of years ago which stumped me. The manufacturers say to use a stick with a towel/tissue to clean inside.

Attachments

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Hi

Same problem I have been cleaning for 15 years and came across one the other day. No idea at all how to do it so just explained that to the customer and left it.

My attitude might be wrong but if the customer is daft enough to buy one of these crap cookers it's there problem..

Not gonna take the risk of taking loads of screws out when they are a door you will probably never do again.

Harry Abernethy

Cleantalk Member
about 20 screws, and a seperating hinge, took me 2 hrs to work it out 2 weeks after first starting up. if you see a screw take it out :P

if you get left with one at the end hide it hahah

C

Chris Anslow

Samsung Weird Hinge door issue....I remember reading this and have searched this post to have a look back at how others cleaned inside the glass, i personally went in blind and removed the door and placed on work top, i removed the 6 screws and prized open the bottom of the door, it hardly opened tbh fairly solid...so i wrapped a thin damp cloth around a stainless steel 50cm ruler and then wiped the grease marks off glass. It worked fairly well, not perfect but enough to satisfy the customer, the 6 screws are all different lengths and realised with trial and error which went back in correctly...i was sweating a bit tbh with heating on full! No drama though full clean completed in 1.5 hrs.
Next...

C

Chris Anslow

One of those jobs i wish i hadn't started, managed eventually to use the metal ruler with cloth wrapped around. Not perfect, but, just about acceptable.

C

Chris Anslow

about 20 screws, and a seperating hinge, took me 2 hrs to work it out 2 weeks after first starting up. if you see a screw take it out :P

if you get left with one at the end hide it hahah
All those screws are different lengths, that confused me and wasted my time putting it back together.

C

Chris Anslow

Last week, I came across another Samsung oven with same complicated bending split door, i walked away, apologising not wanting to damage the folding door mechanism. The customer was happy that i was honest.