Time To Order A New Vac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
I was reading in the Which? magazine today that the new regulations restricting the power of new vacuum cleaners comes into force this September.

All new vacs will then be restricted to a maximum of 900watts.

If you will be needing a new machine in the foreseeable future and would prefer a more powerful machine, best get your order in sooner rather than later. The Sebo BS36 and BS46 will both fall fowl of the new regulations.

It is not unusual, in circumstances such as these, for manufacturers to stop production before the cut-off date in order to prevent old stock being left on the shelves which they are legally unable to sell. So be warned!

Safe and happy dry soil extraction:goodday:
Ken

Fintan Coll

Cleantalk Member
But was this not an EU regulation. As the UK will no longer be in the EU surely you can decide yourselves the power of your vacuum cleaners. It will be different for us still in the EU who will have to abide by their silly rules.

Remus R Lungu

Cleantalk Member
I believe that as manufacturers will not be able to sell the we can find them on evay easely..i can still find replacement vac motors for my henry's even though they are 1000wats

Ken Wainwright

Cleantalker Veteran
Fintan

We will be members of the EU for the next two years so the regs will apply to us. Plus our government, which ever colour today or in the future, will be adopting many/most of the current EU laws. Finally, given the global nature of business and manufacturing, I doubt if any of them would reintroduce an old model for just one market.

Mark

Yes, the Evolution is the replacement for the BS series,

Remus.

Usually with all discounted machines, from cars through to washing machines, replacement parts will still be available for years to follow. A great example is that you can still buy an exhaust for a vintage car, it wont have the catalytic converter required under current regs. but it will still be fully legal.

Safe and happy cleaning:smile:
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.