How Much To Charge To Clean Restaurant ?

Lukasz Krysztofik

New Cleantalker
me and my partner started our wee business in february and its been going really well :smile:
we have to go and quote a restuaurant and we are not sure what to charge ? could someone please give me some advice. im guessing its about £15 an hour ? but not sure and dont want to under cut ourselves. they want the restaurant cleaned 7 days a week, 2 hrs per day

Lukasz Krysztofik

New Cleantalker
hi steve
they want the toilets cleaned, floors hoovered and washed and the glass and mirrors in the restaurant polished.

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
Basically
How much an hour do you need according to what time your doing it ?
With my work either plumbing,carpet cleaning or facilitys manegment there is a price I will no go below as I need to earn XYZ to cover my costs of a business.
Don't be a busy fool !

J

Lukasz Krysztofik

New Cleantalker
thanks for the advice
the pricing is definetley the hardest part, some people are realistic with prices and some still expect cleaning for under £12 ph, especialy in domestic cleaning. all we ever get is my last cleaner was £10 ph.

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
You are doing this for 1 reason only.
To earn money to live and survive off.
You are not running a charity.
The more you charge the less you will have to work.
There will always be someone cheepest than you.
Focus on other areas where you will stand out and make you the best choice for the work

J

Steve Porter

Cleantalker Veteran
You'll certainly be up against all the Mum's & wanna be DIY'ers on this one?!
You'll find that someone will do it for £7ph & even some for a couple of pints!

I'd go higher at £17-23ph (as a business) & specify that we use our own products & vacuum cleaner, we pay our staff the new living wage & above (cos not all will) & work to set standards
If you wanted to sweeten a deal you can always say that you can discount when they use any of your other services by a certain %?

Be prepared to lose it on price but do it with style & your ethics in tact

Kevin Kirk

Cleantalk Member
£15+VAT is what we'd go in at.
We make the additional profit on windows, carpets, washroom etc b
Staff won't necessary want double time for Sunday's if it's down as their usual working day.
I doubt the restaurant pay its chefs and waiters double time for a Sunday.

Garry Neilson

Cleantalk Member
rather surprised they have not got their own staff doing this, steve porter has the best quote although it does depend on region, very few will charge for bank holidays or whatever day it is and do not get dragged into the food areas that is a totally different ball game as opposed to public areas. Also internal and external window cleaning is normally charged as an extra expense, internal included external exrtra and remember working on a public street means H&S assessments.

Florin Titiriga

Cleantalk Member
Rather then doing a ph quote I would give a monthly quote, lets say £900 + Vat per month. I work in a restaurant where we have cleaner every day, when they were looking for a new company when they saw quotes like £18 ph it seems much to them, but when they saw quotes like £1500 its doesent sound that bad. If you give a a monthly quote it may only take you 1h 30 minutes to clean the restaurant, then you can go, if you give a ph quote you are forced to stay those 2h.