Waste Carriers License

Mark Radford

Cleantalk Member
I gather that if you emptied your vacuum at customers and disposes of water at customers then no licence would be required due to no transfer of waste? Wonder how many waste transfer notes the council fill in for transferring your waste they have never given me one

Andrew Evans

Cleantalker Veteran
So If you are a TM user and dispose the waste over the clients grass Daffs or driveway, you don't need one?

Thanks Ken I will apply today and I was totally ignorant of this cheers.

Terry Miles

Cleantalk Member
I hate to sound dumb like but I don't get the form, the way the questions are worder, such as, who creates the waste, the customer, or you (eg gardening trimmings) if its a hoover bag of waste then I guess the customer creates it and we are just moving/disposing of it, then the next question was all about farming waste/ agriculture etc..... I was confused as hell :/

Jacob Ward

Cleantalker Veteran
What if you need to clean the carpets of a farmer who has a few cows.that wander around an.abandoned mine.....

My point is that there Well could be those by products in a carpet you are.cleaning...

J

Daniel Darlow

Cleantalk Member
With the reduction in policing, revenue will be coming, I believe from all angles in the future.
Who has had that sinking feeling when you see a Check point ahead, even if your not guilty (unknowingly) of anything wrong with your vehicle or you. We have had two last year down here on a major ring road to Torquay, and VERY successful were the Police, the Tax Department, & Licencing Department. I was involved in one and had to prove chemicals I was carrying, I have a folder with COSSH information on board, although I only had a few tubs of cleaner and a box of stain removers they went through the lot. Keep clean and don't take chances, you are a business, act like one.

Jim McPhail

Cleantalk Member
Was a case recently of a tradesman with his empty crisp packets in a white bin bag in his van, he was fined £300 for not having a waste carriers license while carrying "commercial" waste in his works vehicle. There are jobsworths out there who will gladly fine you if you have ANY waste in your trades vehicle. Trick is to leave one crisp in the bag and its not yet waste.