Does anybody use dishwasher tablets for an alternative dip tank solution. If so does it work well?

Steve Harmer

Cleantalk Member
Please could anybody let me know if dish washer tablets are a environmentally friendly alternative to dip tank solution and if they work well.

Mark Mckenzie

New Cleantalker
Following out of interest. I personally use aldi washing up liquid in my dip tank. And find that works amazing on all buy the worst examples of burnt on crud.

Any particular brand of tablet? And a rough dilution ratio. I did see this thread a few days ago and chuck 2 aldi 3 in 1 tablets in my did tank as an experiment but wasn't wow'd so ended up chucking washing up liquid in as well.

I use a gas burner and usually let it get to a rolling boil for a couple of mins before I have at it.

Steven Johnson

Cleantalk Member
Nick

My thoughts exactly and they are suppost to be professional oven cleaners.

These products are designed for the job. Never understand some of the concoctions some people use on here.

Steve

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
Nick

My thoughts exactly and they are suppost to be professional oven cleaners.

These products are designed for the job. Never understand some of the concoctions some people use on here.

Steve
They work, plain and simple.
No disputing that and very easy to test.
No one is forcing anyone to use them either, those that do clearly aren't any less professional.

If someone is trying to flog cleaning products they aren't going to suggest Ā£3 for 24 tablets is going to clean racks, but it does.
I used to use caustic solution when i worked for a 'professional' company and it was nasty stuff.
Non bio or dishwasher tabs work, all the customer wants is a clean oven and not some utter clown in there house...
Not rocket science.
Meet those two objectives and job done.
I use dishwasher tabs now and results are incredible, many times grime just falls off.

I guess some people will always think that expensive after shave and perfume isn't over priced water and is indeed worth Ā£40.....

Joe Sharpe

Cleantalk Member
I wonder if a ā€œprofessionalā€ can provide the HSE/environmental health with the MSD sheets for their dishwasher tablets.

The same ā€œprofessionalsā€ probably tip their tank contents down the drain.
Where do you think the water from a dishwasher goes exactly?

I'll help, it ends up down a pipe into the DRAINS....
Any safety advice for dishwasher tablets is on the box as they sell them to the public in shops...
Don't eat them seems to be the main one.

But anyway, no one has to be forced to use anything, i know the cultural shift over 2 years is that people want to be forced into to stuff, but we are free to use the products we use.
If it didn't work I'd not use it, simple.

Dishwasher tabs make my van smell nice, i don't panic if it gets on my skin and i can see it working and they are cheap....

Don't get me wrong i am happy to mix it up and use other stuff, i didn't sign a binding contract when i purchased the tabs from Aldi that i must only use that now and spread the word like a religion.
Options are good....
The idea that professionalism is based on if you have the cleaning product sold by the forum you are on, then that is a dodgy metric IMO and sounds a bit like religion.