Oven Cleaning Tips

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
Some time s I bring along an assistant , rack washer or detailer. the older customers like a female present! helps with time and tough jobs plus can fit in the extra job.

Scott Sangster

Cleantalk Member
I nip in past the local tip everytime I'm passing.. I've a box of bulb covers now.. Just leave them in the tank a day or two and they are like new..

Billy Marsh

Cleantalk Member
With my dip tank. I bring a mini tank just to dip the other trays or extra hob tops. Cut back on time and time is money.

Allan Young

Cleantalk Member
When we clean we take before and after pics, paying close attention to any damage. We have had a couple of emails in the past from customers who have accused us of damaging their ovens, one was a Aga cooker he tried to claim on our insurance saying that we had damaged his Aga front - our before pictures clearly showed the damage was pre-existing. On another occasion customer had claimed that we had chipped the enamel on the bottom of his oven but again the before pictures proved otherwise. Our employess also complete a check sheet before and after.

luke sibley

Cleantalk Member
As above I use an inspection sheet and photos for this reason. The only time that there may be an issue is if the oven or glass is thick with dirt and there is damage / scratches underneath that cannot be seen. However this also covers you to some degree as you have proof that the damage couldn’t be seen!

Daniel Nailor

Cleantalk Member
If your scraper blade keeps getting stuck in the holder, use the cardboard blade cover to fold over the base before sliding it in.

Terry Miles

Cleantalk Member
1st post - Hi All, great advise and suggestions here, Ive brought a few new tools on above suggestions haha

What do you all use as a floor protector, I use a plastic rubble bag cut flat, wipe clean when done. Also, we don't currently offer a bulb replacement, but I think we should, with that in mind, how many different types of bulbs are we talking for different ovens, 1-10-100

Brilliant site this.